Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awful, sorry you have to deal with all this :hug:
Thanks. What I should have really done yesterday is say no to going out because I'd not slept well the previous 3 nights. But I wanted to do something and get out, so kept quiet just made it clear that hubby would have to do all of the driving himself instead of sharing a leg of the journey each, each way. The road to the coast is very dangerous in parts because of the need to spray the road onto the mountain side in places. Then the bush fires destroyed the road and now torrential rain is trying to wash it all away. It's one of those roads where you wish you were not the driver because the views through the trees are amazing if you can catch a glimpse of them. But the roads are lethal and there are frequent fatal accidents on it and there are no alternatives.

I tried having a kip this afternoon but the weather is humid and a storm front is coming through, so my asthma is playing up and lying down wasn't working. Maybe once the storm breaks it will settle. For now I'm going to let the new chooks out into the garden to mingle with the flock and supervise.... fingers crossed

Plans for today...

Knitting group, so a social visit to local "town", in UK terms a village, but they don't exist in Australia...

Then I'll try to get some planting done. Failed miserably on that yesterday.
Try introducing the new chooks to my existing flock again without quite so many feathers flying...
Possibly a little housework now that my poorly chook is back out with the flock. (She's still getting extra TLC and has rehomed herself from the main flock to the bantam/small chooks' house.
Get straw under my strawberries. I've got a good crop growing this year. So I'll feed them and then surround them with straw to keep the berries off the ground.
If I get chance, I'll try the new frame out to hold the shade cloth up so my veg plot is more than 90cm high... it will make it easier long term. But this is low down on my list of jobs.

Well, my deadline has been pushed back, because the writers don't have their work done. Nothing new about that.

Just as well, as my car didn't start again this morning. I took it to the Audi dealer, again. If you remember, I took it in last week, and they said there was nothing wrong, and that I just wasn't driving it enough to keep a good charge. I drove it every day since then, and I had to jump start it today. I made it clear that the car was not leaving there until they found out why my battery keeps randomly going dead overnight

CD

It's cold and rainy here, and my car is freshly washed (by the Audi dealer when they serviced it). I'm staying home, getting stuff together for my big design project, and doing chores. Mostly laundry.

CD

It´s been pouring down in Cinci since the early hours. The power was out for about an hour or so this morning (some inconsiderate tree that fell over the cables!) but now it´s back. I went down to Kroger and bought some ingredients to make another jab at the Cooking Bites Challenge...

I need to get some new filters for my HVAC systems, and change them out. I also need to get a few groceries. It is somewhat cold, but sunny, so I'm fine with going out in the car. I hate driving a clean car in the rain if I don't have to.

CD

I’m heading over to my ancestral home ( :laugh: ) yet again, this time to visit an out-of-state niece (and her husband and two kids) who are back for a visit. I’ll also get to see my oldest brother, who moved away a couple of months ago.

I 🤬 hate the drive over there and back. Every bit of it is torture, with lots of heavy trucks and no way to pass, road rough in several places, passing through such bucolic scenes as steel mills and dilapidated factories (in true Rust Belt fashion), it’s crap from one end to the other, and this’ll be the third time in two weeks, I think.

The mirror is, interesting 😆 otherwise the room is beautiful and the bed is superb, even comfy for my rheumatic limbs!

The private sauna

The whirlpool

The electric fire near the bed

Wall decor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom