Plans for today (2023)

Plans today mainly include the dentist, and I always treat myself to breakfast after the dentist, but since I’ve just made a potato-sausage quiche, I won’t be getting my usual eggs-sausage-hash browns breakfast. I think I’ll opt for a croissant and coffee somewhere.

After that, work. I’m getting a bit frustrated with a work project that’s one step forward and two steps back, but I’m determined to get it done, one way or another.
:hug:

Never flown with them. I'm a Southwest Airlines, Delta, or United gal. Southwest got a bad rap after their Christmas holiday 2022 travel fiasco but they're still my favorite. I was able to change my flight for only an additional $132 to go home Saturday, no other fees, no penalties. I'm also a notorious over packer and SW allows 2 free checked bags...so I always have room for all the shoes, handbags, etc. that I want.

Two free checked bags?!! For real?!!!

Try the airlines I have to use to get to Spain from South West England 😱
One underseat bag of 40 X 20 X 25 cm (that’s approx 15’ x 7’ x 9 1/2 inches) is free.

Everything else you’ll pay more than your actual air fair for!

Last edited:
Two free checked bags?!! For real?!!!

Try the airlines I have to use to get to Spain from the south west England 😱
One underseat bag of 40 X 20 X 25 cm (that’s approx 15’ x 7’ x 9 1/2 inches) is free.

Everything else you’ll pay more than your actual air fair for!
Yes, all the other airlines charge for bags unless you are special, lol. Which I'm not :laugh:

Edited to add that it's usually $50-$75 per bag for domestic travel with those other airlines, but if you have the airlines' credit card or have frequent flyer staus or some type of membership with their airline your bags might be free.

Southwest is always free. I rather like their boarding process as well, as they don't have assigned seating. They allow passengers to board in groups and let you pick your seat. Passengers can pay extra for priority boarding or business class and be put in the A group. I'll check in at precisely 24 hours in advance and likely get a number in the B group (hopefully 1-30). C gets boarded last.

Last edited:
I could do with a bout of gadding - but circumstances don't allow due to my slowly recovering broken leg and my partner, who I don't think would take well to going away (due to his dementia).

Make the most of it while you can!
I’m trying to do just that. You never know what’s round the corner but you know for sure as you get older it’s unlikely to be more pep n zing!

Your leg being so slow in recovery really does suck. A bad break is such a hard thing to heal, a mountain climb in its own way.

Remember the days before micro fleecing occurred?! The days when you could check in a single trunk or case of any size and weight for free included on your ticket. Heady days 😂
I have to say that I don't, because my father was a pilot in the air force so before I was an adult my flights were free through the USAF. As a young adult I didn't fly anywhere. Its only been in the past 25 years that I've been flying commercially and mosty with SW. I think when we've gone to Mexico we've flown Delta and 1 checked bag of 75 lbs was allowed for free.

I have to say that I don't, because my father was a pilot in the air force so before I was an adult my flights were free through the USAF. As a young adult I didn't fly anywhere. Its only been in the past 25 years that I've been flying commercially and mosty with SW. I think when we've gone to Mexico we've flown Delta and 1 checked bag of 75 lbs was allowed for free.
Oh over here mumble mumble years ago you could ruck up at the airport with a bag of any dimension of any weight and wander on to the place with pretty much anything that wanted so long as it wouldn't cause a fire (smoking paraphernalia exempted of course) There were no passport checks and border control only worked normal daytime hours but you just walked off the plane in to your car regardless of whether they were there!
Occasionally when security bothered to check a British flight you simply walked passed them holding your blue passport in the air to demonstrate you were British and had a passport, that was enough. Seems fantastical now 😆

Last edited:
I remember getting on planes about 25 years ago and they still had ashtrays on the planes, even though smoking was no longer permitted. That seems fantastical as well.

I'm about to fix a hole in the wall in downstairs bathroom. New toilet is different to last as it doesn't need a breather pipe.
Wife got this yesterday.

Russ
16844535076252257779152607291108.jpg

Dentist’s visit went well - no issues, and the dentist always tells me, “You have such beautiful, beautiful teeth!” - which is a hoot because I come from the generation before everyone got braces whether they needed them or not, so I’ve got crowded, crooked teeth in places. She likes to make everyone feel good, though, so I’ll take it.

Airlines: first time I flew was 1985, when I joined the Air Force and flew from Cincinnati to San Antonio (via Chicago).

Of the airlines we’ve used, we like Delta right now, which is lucky, since that’s what’s predominant in Cincy. When we lived in Minnesota, we flew a lot of Northwest and liked them as well.

I’ve not flown any of the cheaper/smaller airlines that have the crap ratings, like Spirit, but of the ones we’ve flown that I don’t like, Southwest is tops. After too many bad experiences, I refuse to fly them outright, though MrsT has no issue with them.

We also don’t like Air France at all, same goes for Virgin Atlantic. British Airways is nice, and I’m itching to fly Lufthansa, because they have an excellent reputation, but that hasn’t happened yet.

MrsT sees air travel as a means to get to where she’s going, so she’s a little more forgiving of things, and she also worked as a gate agent for four years in Minnesota, so she has that natural tendency to appreciate what the employees are going through.

I really hate air travel (I think I’ve talked about this before) - it’s an incredible source of anxiety for me, so any little thing the airline/cabin crew does to make it even .00001% worse, I want to push them out at 30,000ft.

Dentist’s visit went well - no issues, and the dentist always tells me, “You have such beautiful, beautiful teeth!” - which is a hoot because I come from the generation before everyone got braces whether they needed them or not, so I’ve got crowded, crooked teeth in places. She likes to make everyone feel good, though, so I’ll take it.

Airlines: first time I flew was 1985, when I joined the Air Force and flew from Cincinnati to San Antonio (via Chicago).

Of the airlines we’ve used, we like Delta right now, which is lucky, since that’s what’s predominant in Cincy. When we lived in Minnesota, we flew a lot of Northwest and liked them as well.

I’ve not flown any of the cheaper/smaller airlines that have the crap ratings, like Spirit, but of the ones we’ve flown that I don’t like, Southwest is tops. After too many bad experiences, I refuse to fly them outright, though MrsT has no issue with them.

We also don’t like Air France at all, same goes for Virgin Atlantic. British Airways is nice, and I’m itching to fly Lufthansa, because they have an excellent reputation, but that hasn’t happened yet.

MrsT sees air travel as a means to get to where she’s going, so she’s a little more forgiving of things, and she also worked as a gate agent for four years in Minnesota, so she has that natural tendency to appreciate what the employees are going through.

I really hate air travel (I think I’ve talked about this before) - it’s an incredible source of anxiety for me, so any little thing the airline/cabin crew does to make it even .00001% worse, I want to push them out at 30,000ft.
Delta. Best thing about them is the Biscoff cookies!

My sister who was with the state department raved about Lufthansa. Also Arab Emirates.

I enjoy flying.

Back
Top Bottom