Plans for today (2024)

Did the googling go well? Is the filter changed? How did you get the new filter if your car wouldn’t go? I have an image of you stop starting all the way to the parts shop 😂
I'm still not mobile.
But the filter got delivered to the place I was having lunch.
Changed filter, now the car won't start.
Organised mechanic, changed petrol pump as well.
Still no start and a public holiday today. Managed to get someone with diagnostic tool to come and it may be the gdi pump.
Getting up early to be towed to a garage tomorrow morning...
Fingers crossed it now gets sorted

I'm still not mobile.
But the filter got delivered to the place I was having lunch.
Changed filter, now the car won't start.
Organised mechanic, changed petrol pump as well.
Still no start and a public holiday today. Managed to get someone with diagnostic tool to come and it may be the gdi pump.
Getting up early to be towed to a garage tomorrow morning...
Fingers crossed it now gets sorted

Damn thats annoying and now heading towards expensive!

It's my birthday. I did a burger place mystery shop and had an excellent burger with fries and a vitamin water fountain drink. It was quite good. Now mulling on whether I should start collecting my social security now that I am 62...or wait.

It's my birthday. I did a burger place mystery shop and had an excellent burger with fries and a vitamin water fountain drink. It was quite good. Now mulling on whether I should start collecting my social security now that I am 62...or wait.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🥂🎈 🎂 🥳
Wishing you a very many happy returns for the day.
Hope the new processor went whizzingly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🥂🎈 🎂 🥳
Wishing you a very many happy returns for the day.
Hope the new processor went whizzingly.
Thank you!

Ummmm...it's still in the box lol. It might stay there for a week or longer as I'm not planning on cooking much in the near future, at least not in large quantities. I will be happy to have it for big batches of hummus, tzatziki, pesto, and more that I see in my future.

Happy birthday! 🎂🎁

Well, you know the advice as far as SS goes…wait if you can afford it.

That said, all of my brothers drew earlier rather than later, because they’re all panicked about the well running dry.

In talking to our financial advisor just a few weeks ago, we asked about that, because our retirement plan has us both holding off until we each reach 66, and his recommendation was to stay the course, because whatever adjustment is coming, whether it be cutting benefits, raising retirement age, or both, we should be in the clear, because it’ll affect all the younger ones.

We’ll see…we’ll see, but if so, we’ll be 🥂 over the work-shackled bodies of the Millennials just behind us! 😆

Happy birthday! 🎂🎁

Well, you know the advice as far as SS goes…wait if you can afford it.

That said, all of my brothers drew earlier rather than later, because they’re all panicked about the well running dry.

In talking to our financial advisor just a few weeks ago, we asked about that, because our retirement plan has us both holding off until we each reach 66, and his recommendation was to stay the course, because whatever adjustment is coming, whether it be cutting benefits, raising retirement age, or both, we should be in the clear, because it’ll affect all the younger ones.

We’ll see…we’ll see, but if so, we’ll be 🥂 over the work-shackled bodies of the Millennials just behind us! 😆
Yeah, and I'm not retiring just yet...but what if I'm not around to collect it when I'm older...

Retirement age here for my age group is now 67 and there are plans to raise it further.

I heartily resent the idea that they’ll continue to raise the retirement age to the point you’re expected to live 1-2 years because of their mean ideology and gross incompetence financially, but thats the idea.

The man who came up with that plan (Robert Devereux) and made it happen has retired early at 61 with a huge golden handshake and a £1.8 million pension pot 😠

I also struggle to reconcile myself with what’s going to happen to my medical colleagues. Bodies weigh a lot and the job is both mentally and physically demanding so whats going to happen to them?
They will not be able to keep going that long, it’s just not possible. So whats the plan - sickness and disposed of into a life of poverty?

In the UK theres a misguided believe that NHS workers get a good pension (final salary pension scheme) and can retire early but they did away with that over a decade ago.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Ummmm...it's still in the box lol. It might stay there for a week or longer as I'm not planning on cooking much in the near future, at least not in large quantities. I will be happy to have it for big batches of hummus, tzatziki, pesto, and more that I see in my future.

You’re not planning on cooking much in the near future? Cooked out and needing a break?

Plans for today are finish 3rd cup of tea, get off the forum and start doing some actual work 😂

Then all things being equal make a bracket to smoothly🤞join two trestle tables together so theres plenty of elbow room for everyone.
Then make the ice cream I didn’t make yesterday and hopefully still have the time and energy to make some CREAM CHEESE 👏

Back
Top Bottom