Plans for today (2024)

Successfully avoiding defrosting the freezer to make way for all the prep I was doing on WEDNESDAY has now come back to bite me!

Mind you I'm wondering if once every four years is really necessary, looks fine to me šŸ˜® šŸ˜†

IMG_2531.jpeg

Does one pace oneself or does one grab the feeling good moments and squeeze them for all theyā€™re worth? šŸ˜‚

If Iā€™d just got back from a camping trip my job list would involve tea, a bit more tea and probably karadekoolaids buckets of tea šŸ˜

I start on the washing clothes and airing of kit including tent tomorrow. I've passed on the uni course for today because they'd end up ringing me whilst I was driving, so that's tomorrow. I did a bit of gardening. I try to do a little each day, that's pacing of that!

I've only got knitting tomorrow but suspect I'm bringing home the 95yr old who loves my 4x4 but that means I need to take the extra step so she can safely climb in and out of my 4Ɨ4.

I've also got to look into something my Dr wants me to look into (grumbles but I don't want to end up on meds for it)... and I've got to get both ankles xrayed.

and I need to start a food diary, right down to amounts. Grrr... but needs must.

This week is a short week in Australia. It's Anzac Day on Thursday. That's a big thing here and it's a public holiday with crack of dawn/first light memorial services held everywhere.

Definitely squeeze for all its worth. But I am getting better and am actually looking at retraining with the thought of returning to work. No idea on the full/part time side of things but retraining to something in IT that can be done remotely.

Got to go to the garage/auto parts/ car windows place this morning because the device which opens the driver's car window has broken, and needs to be fixed.
Then I'll have to take Mr Porky (the dog) to the vets because the poor old soul is staggering about. Might be arthur - itis in his front legs, or rheumatism, or something else. can't have that - the only one allowed to stagger around here is me. :cool: :cool:

What a day, it was flat out and thereā€™s more of the same tomorrow.

Nevermind someone might have had a phone call saying their new bike is ready and someone might be picking it up on Wednesday šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘

Defrosted and cleaned. The food stayed frozen in the boxes. Going to let them get back down to a decent sub zero temp before sorting them into obvious categories.

IMG_2548.jpeg

It's baby time!

I was over at my nephew's house yesterday helping them get ready for the baby. Her original due date was 4/30 but the doctors didn't want her to go the full 40 weeks because of her gestational diabetes, so she was going to check in tomorrow and get induced. She was scrubbing baseboards yesterday in hopes to induce labor all on her own, looks like it worked!

She woke up this morning and her water broke, they had their bags in the car already packed and ready to go. That baby is likely coming tonight. Contractions are 5 minutes apart currently, won't be long!

It's baby time!

I was over at my nephew's house yesterday helping them get ready for the baby. Her original due date was 4/30 but the doctors didn't want her to go the full 40 weeks because of her gestational diabetes, so she was going to check in tomorrow and get induced. She was scrubbing baseboards yesterday in hopes to induce labor all on her own, looks like it worked!

She woke up this morning and her water broke, they had their bags in the car already packed and ready to go. That baby is likely coming tonight. Contractions are 5 minutes apart currently, won't be long!
Exciting!!!

I try to do a little each day, that's pacing of that!
That is cheating, the gardening is only paced because other jobs are taking priority so thats what gives! You have been caught! šŸ˜‚

You are starting to remind me a little of my son who doesnā€™t stop until he has to stop!
Sometimes I listen to what he tells me heā€™s got on and think to myself hmm that is too much.
So I wait til later (usually 8/9pm) when I know heā€™ll be fitting in yet another job and FaceTime him.

ā€œHello this is the Energy Police doing a welfare check, hmm, I can see from the way your eyes are drooping that you have expended too much energy, you will now stop for the evening, this is an Energy Police warning alert, compliance is non-negotiable, resistance is futileā€

Iā€™m beginning to wonder if you also need the Energy Police šŸ˜‚ šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Then I'll have to take Mr Porky (the dog) to the vets because the poor old soul is staggering about. Might be arthur - itis in his front legs, or rheumatism, or something else.
Well everything seems to be all right. Looks like it's what I thought; the knees, the hips, the articulations, etc. plus the fact that he's over 12 years old. The vet said he's overweight and I should put him on a diet, so I retorted "if your granny was 84 , would you put HER on a diet?". No reply so I took that as a NO. Vitamins and some strong painkillers - he'll be right as rain by Wednesday.

Well everything seems to be all right. Looks like it's what I thought; the knees, the hips, the articulations, etc. plus the fact that he's over 12 years old. The vet said he's overweight and I should put him on a diet, so I retorted "if your granny was 84 , would you put HER on a diet?". No reply so I took that as a NO. Vitamins and some strong painkillers - he'll be right as rain by Wednesday.
Nice retort, Iā€™m having that! šŸ˜‚

I love my dog. He's nowhere near as bright as my Alsatian was, but he's a happy hound. He enjoys life ( especially when I'm cooking) and the only thing I've ever seen him reject is herbs.(unlike my kids, whose idea of "Vegetables" is chips). He deserves to be spoiled for his last few years.
Igor and bread.jpg

you'll notice the head and tail are moving at the speed of light. That's because I said the magic word.
"Bread!"

It's baby time!

image000000.jpg

Breakfast with my Dad as he needs a lift to and from dropping off his scooter for MOT. That will be a mixed affair what with him being back on the ā€œyou lost my volt meterā€ theme and me desiring to add chillies to his cup of tea šŸ˜‚

He likes to go to the worse cafeā€™s, I mean the WORSE, heā€™s very frugal so the cheaper the better, todayā€™s pick is Tescoā€™s cafe šŸ¤®
As they are unable/unwilling to cater for coeliacs, Iā€™ll be watching him eat breakfast while I drink mediocre tea and listening to him rant while smelling sausages and bacon which as I canā€™t eat I always imagine tastes great šŸ˜‚

Lots of cooking to do, not sure how much Iā€™ll get through because one son sent his dissertation last night for ā€œurgentā€ proof reading and in some sort of satans wormhole my other son also sent three (yes THREE) submissions he wants proof reading.

Plus when getting the Enfield ready for part-ex I discovered when I removed the tatty pannier racks yesterday that the mechanic had chopped about the indicator wiring to make it fit so I have to find my soldering iron asap and effect a decent repair šŸ¤ž

Heyho, the chilli tea thought is making me laugh šŸ˜†

Best I think to have just one more cup of tea before starting today ā˜ŗļø

Breakfast with my Dad as he needs a lift to and from dropping off his scooter for MOT. That will be a mixed affair what with him being back on the ā€œyou lost my volt meterā€ theme and me desiring to add chillies to his cup of tea šŸ˜‚

He likes to go to the worse cafeā€™s, I mean the WORSE, heā€™s very frugal so the cheaper the better, todayā€™s pick is Tescoā€™s cafe šŸ¤®
As they are unable/unwilling to cater for coeliacs, Iā€™ll be watching him eat breakfast while I drink mediocre tea and listening to him rant while smelling sausages and bacon which as I canā€™t eat I always imagine tastes great šŸ˜‚

Lots of cooking to do, not sure how much Iā€™ll get through because one son sent his dissertation last night for ā€œurgentā€ proof reading and in some sort of satans wormhole my other son also sent three (yes THREE) submissions he wants proof reading.

Plus when getting the Enfield ready for part-ex I discovered when I removed the tatty pannier racks yesterday that the mechanic had chopped about the indicator wiring to make it fit so I have to find my soldering iron asap and effect a decent repair šŸ¤ž

Heyho, the chilli tea thought is making me laugh šŸ˜†

Best I think to have just one more cup of tea before starting today ā˜ŗļø
My wifeā€™s dad is like that. He is the cheapest man Iā€™ve ever met. He would rather eat awful food because it is cheap than spend just a little more for at least a decent meal. We donā€™t go out to eat with him anymore. We took him to a nice place and we paid for it. All he did was make embarrassing comments to the staff about their prices. We donā€™t go out to eat very often. Not because of anything other than we enjoy cooking. Every meal isnā€™t a great meal. But we have both said several times that it was better than you could get at any restaurant in town. But we also have made some meals that could possibly be the worst in town.

Back
Top Bottom