Plans for today (2024)

Ok. Made a stop at Aldi since I'd rather not shop on Saturday or Sunday. They say never go grocery shopping hungry so it should be easy to stick to my list.
Uh oh...

20240503_170251.jpg

Builder coming round this morning to quote for rebuilding the pillar at the top of the driveway. The driveway is deceptive, it’s wide so it looks like a 7.5 tonner could swing back into it easily but the angle means you really can’t.
But that doesn’t stop them trying so its been hit many many times over the years and now looks like a something from angor wat 😂

Then I’m going to have a go at these roots that don’t fit with the age I think I am (an age that suddenly seems to be growing further and further apart from reality 😂) and when that messy jobs done I’m off!
🏍️ ☀️🏍️☀️🏍️☀️

Last edited:
Hopefully actually work on at least 1 of my mini projects. I organized all the fabrics, laces, and trims yesterday that I've collected over the years. I still shopped for my hobby even though I wasn't actually working on anything. Amazing how much room I gained in the drawer after throwing out all the envelopes the fabrics were in.

Hopefully actually work on at least 1 of my mini projects. I organized all the fabrics, laces, and trims yesterday that I've collected over the years. I still shopped for my hobby even though I wasn't actually working on anything. Amazing how much room I gained in the drawer after throwing out all the envelopes the fabrics were in.
👏 👏 👏

Meeting up with a couple of friends for lunch today at the thatched cottage, it's the only thatched building in that area somehow surviving since 1774 in-spite of being built right on the sea front.

It's a bit hit and miss there, mostly the food is ok-good but the service is sometimes far from adequate but honestly that sums Weston-Super-Mare up! Almost all the seafront is owned by one sprawling family of Cypriot's who have one way of doing things.

Why bother going there? Cos it's near the cinema that's showing 'The Fall Guy' a staple of my childhood television when growing up, looking forward to it.

Colt Seavers, The A-Team, Knights Rider, Chips, The million dollar man, Dukes of Hazzard and Monkey Magic are responsible for the hours and hours we spent outside making increasingly dangerous ramps, jumping off things we shouldn't have scaled in the first place and hitting things with bamboo canes!

Now I think about it, British children's television in the 80's was diabolical, it was all about educating you to be a fair and good person, all done in a heavy patronising manner, usually with puppets.
Without the relief of American kids programmes myself and my brothers would have had a very different childhood!

Friend with bust pelvis has slipped over whilst trying to make her family's food for this evening🤦‍♀️
So lunch is cancelled. Poor woman was crying on the phone.

This is an example of how the 'got to be tough and just keep going' mentality can really set back recovery.

We all want to get back on our feet as quickly as possible but the set backs that can cause just mean a prolonged and more painful recovery.

Heyho. I sympathise completely, I'm the same but crikey it's hard to watch!

Meeting up with a couple of friends for lunch today at the thatched cottage, it's the only thatched building in that area somehow surviving since 1774 in-spite of being built right on the sea front.

It's a bit hit and miss there, mostly the food is ok-good but the service is sometimes far from adequate but honestly that sums Weston-Super-Mare up! Almost all the seafront is owned by one sprawling family of Cypriot's who have one way of doing things.

Why bother going there? Cos it's near the cinema that's showing 'The Fall Guy' a staple of my childhood television when growing up, looking forward to it.

Colt Seavers, The A-Team, Knights Rider, Chips, The million dollar man, Dukes of Hazzard and Monkey Magic are responsible for the hours and hours we spent outside making increasingly dangerous ramps, jumping off things we shouldn't have scaled in the first place and hitting things with bamboo canes!

Now I think about it, British children's television in the 80's was diabolical, it was all about educating you to be a fair and good person, all done in a heavy patronising manner, usually with puppets.
Without the relief of American kids programmes myself and my brothers would have had a very different childhood!
That sounds very much like my childhood, adding in army cadets and Duke of Edinburgh award from a very early age (a family member was leader, so I often went along.)

That sounds very much like my childhood, adding in army cadets and Duke of Edinburgh award from a very early age (a family member was leader, so I often went along.)
Oh yes cadets and awards!

I would have to throw in horse riding with the ‘Horse Rangers’, Karate, many years of St John’s Ambulance and ‘The Girls Venture Core’ (sort of the girls RAF cadets). All of them involved a uniform inspection and being able to march, apart from Karate which had it’s own form of a similar thing, I suppose it took up some time, I mean what are you supposed to do with a large group of kids every single week?!

I tried out many others clubs but they were the ones I stuck with.

Oh yes cadets and awards!

I would have to throw in horse riding with the ‘Horse Rangers’, Karate, many years of St John’s Ambulance and ‘The Girls Venture Core’ (sort of the girls RAF cadets). All of them involved a uniform inspection and being able to march, apart from Karate which had it’s own form of a similar thing, I suppose it took up some time, I mean what are you supposed to do with a large group of kids every single week?!

I tried out many others clubs but they were the ones I stuck with.
Yep karate as well here too.

School had a very strict uniform policy (down to what underwear, shoes and so on, not to mention the school boater.... grrr). My school had a CCF, so all 3 services were covered.

The same family member was the venture scouts leader, so despite only being 13/14... I went out with them as often as possible as well... the Dark Peak area was very local to us, so I knew Kinderscout like the back of my hand in all seasons. Most fun in deep snow.

Back
Top Bottom