Recipe & Video Pork Tikka Patties with Easy Garlic Naan

murphyscreek

Veteran
Local time
11:30 PM
So I had 500gms pork mince in the freezer left over from the last challenge. I decided I'd use it up for lunch a couple of days ago making a cheats version of pork tikka, and a cheats version of naan bread. Then I noticed this month's Challenge ingredient was minced meat, so thought may as well throw it in as an entry. Then while I'm at it, make a video for YouTube as well.

Recipe

Ingredients

500gms pork mince (ground pork)
2 x 200gms plain Greek yoghurt tubs
2 tbsp tikka paste
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1 and 3/4 cups self raising flour
4 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp vegetable oil
5 cloves grated garlic
1/2 small cucumber diced
Sliced red onion
Sliced green chillies
Salt to taste

Method

Combine pork, mint, and tikka paste in a bowl.
Form in to patties and thread on to good size metal skewers, two per skewer, and form in to short fat sausage (kofta) shapes.
Put in fridge for 1/2 hour.
Combine flour and one tub of yoghurt to form a dough, and knead for several minutes.
Divide dough in to three, and roll out to flat roughly circle shapes, a couple of mm thick.
Stir 4 cloves of garlic in to 3 tbsp of melted ghee, and brush over naan.
Fry naan in a hot skillet, ghee side down till colours nicely and starts forming largish bubbles.
Meanwhile, brush upwards facing side with more garlic/ghee before flipping.
Once cooked, set aside but keep warm.
In same pan, add one tbsp ghee and oil, and fry pork skewers till cooked evenly all sides.
Put remaining tub of yoghurt in bowl and stir in cucumber, 1 clove garlic, and salt to taste.
Take a naan, and form a wrap with two pork patties, yoghurt cucumber, onion, and chillies to taste.

View: https://youtu.be/RIAaFmg8k_k

So I had 500gms pork mince in the freezer left over from the last challenge. I decided I'd use it up for lunch a couple of days ago making a cheats version of pork tikka, and a cheats version of naan bread. Then I noticed this month's Challenge ingredient was minced meat, so thought may as well throw it in as an entry. Then while I'm at it, make a video for YouTube as well.

View attachment 86608

View attachment 86609

Recipe

Ingredients

500gms pork mince (ground pork)
2 x 200gms plain Greek yoghurt tubs
2 tbsp tikka paste
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1 and 3/4 cups self raising flour
4 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp vegetable oil
5 cloves grated garlic
1/2 small cucumber diced
Sliced red onion
Sliced green chillies
Salt to taste

Method

Combine pork, mint, and tikka paste in a bowl.
Form in to patties and thread on to good size metal skewers, two per skewer, and form in to short fat sausage (kofta) shapes.
Put in fridge for 1/2 hour.
Combine flour and one tub of yoghurt to form a dough, and knead for several minutes.
Divide dough in to three, and roll out to flat roughly circle shapes, a couple of mm thick.
Stir 4 cloves of garlic in to 3 tbsp of melted ghee, and brush over naan.
Fry naan in a hot skillet, ghee side down till colours nicely and starts forming largish bubbles.
Meanwhile, brush upwards facing side with more garlic/ghee before flipping.
Once cooked, set aside but keep warm.
In same pan, add one tbsp ghee and oil, and fry pork skewers till cooked evenly all sides.
Put remaining tub of yoghurt in bowl and stir in cucumber, 1 clove garlic, and salt to taste.
Take a naan, and form a wrap with two pork patties, yoghurt cucumber, onion, and chillies to taste.

View: https://youtu.be/RIAaFmg8k_k

Looks great! 😻
It also recalls me the Greek Pita Gyros.
Pikka! 😅

Back
Top Bottom