Recipe Potassium Blast (Egg Plant Smoothie)

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
8:54 AM
green_smoothie.jpg

Ingredients
One banana,
one cup of almond milk
one small aubergine (UK-speak). In North America, "eggplant".
Agave nectar to taste (not truly raw, and optional)

Directions
Blend to your hearts content. Drink it cold.
Post-blending notes.
The recipe (as above) comes out with a taste that reminds me of unsweetened soy milk.

http://www.therawtarian.com/community/recipe/potassium-blast-eggplant-smoothie

Last edited:
Oh my God!! No one in this household likes egg plant. After trying a few recipes that were not well received I had this plant on hold. Some good has to come out of this for me.

Classic33 is off and running...................What a blast we are going to have!

Oh my God!! No one in this household likes egg plant. After trying a few recipes that were not well received I had this plant on hold. Some good has to come out of this for me.

Classic33 is off and running...................What a blast we are going to have!

Oh gosh. It goes from bad to worse. I thought eggplant would be something everyone might like!

Just post one or two of the recipes that were not well received. I'll make them and report back (as long as they don't include raw eggplant!).

You know, what I'm wondering here is why the concoction is such a bright green, After all, the flesh of raw Aubergine is sort of pale creamy yellow... with maybe a tinge of green.

From another site*, with a "better" recipe.
Images of an eggplant smoothie. Bright pink available.
I still fail to see how it turns that colour unless something bright green is added to the recipe! And pink... you would need to add beetroot, I guess.
Would anyone volunteer to make this and report back on the colour?

The question is, do I sacrifice an aubergine and a cup of almond milk in the cause.... as it happens, I have both ingredients. Just need a banana.

I like the idea of 'sofa' milk (typo I know!). Sounds very warm and comforting!
oops, that's the problem of predictive text on the tablet! Mind you it might taste better than soya milk you know!

The question is, do I sacrifice an aubergine and a cup of almond milk in the cause.... as it happens, I have both ingredients. Just need a banana.
please feel free. we have done our weekly shopping already and aubergine did not feature in it, so I can't try it.

I did find this wonderful piece of information about raw aubergine

Vegetables in the nightshade family contain anywhere from 2 to 13mg of solanine and eggplants contain 11mg at the most. So you would have to eat 36 raw eggplants to cause any harm. Therefore, there's no need to be concerned about eating reasonable amounts of raw eggplant.

And there is a great deal of information on the aubergine here - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/ingredient-focus-aubergines
I feel that there might be the need for an article on aubergines :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom