Recipe Potato Chip Cookies

cupcake

Veteran
Local time
8:32 PM
I came across this recipe online and could not resist sharing. This is such an unusual combo, but the mixture of sweet and salty sounds really delicious! I am so tempted to make it! Once I do I will definitely share my results.
I'm really wondering why there is the need for both margarine and butter. Hmm...

Potato Chip Cookies
(Unbelievable but true!)

Ingredients:
2 sticks Margarine
2 sticks Unsalted Butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 ½ cups flour
2 cups crushed potato chips
Powdered Sugar

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Blend Butter, Margarine & Sugar. Add Vanilla. Add Flour a little at a time. Blend in Potato chips. Drop on ungreased cookie
sheet with teaspoons. Bake 12 - 15 minutes (will not brown just feel edges of cookies for a little firmness). Let sit for about 3 or 4 minutes, remove to rack to cool, dust with Powdered Sugar.

You will have to try it so you can let the rest of us know what the results where. I also like a sweet and salty flavor so I am thinking this could be pretty tasty. There is not a whole lot to them. I will be checking back to see if you gave them a try. :)

I have a feeling they might be delcious. My great grandmother used to use crushed potato chips as a coating for chicken. I think that is practical. I mean, what else do you with the crumbs in the bottom of the bag? I would try that potato chip cookie recipe. I will usually try anything once!

I actually love the sweet/salty combination - salted caramel things are one of my favorites, so I think these would be up my alley! I also like that it uses crushed chips because like @kgord I wonder what else you can do with the crumbs at the bottom of a bag!

19236.jpg
That's what it looks like when finished? It looked crazy when I first saw the thread but nothing surprises me when it comes to goes on in the kitchen.

Yes, @winterybella that's them! I thought it was really odd at first too. The recipe I found actually didn't have an image, but I just googled and found so many other creative combos like chocolate and butterscotch.

Yes, @winterybella that's them! I thought it was really odd at first too. The recipe I found actually didn't have an image, but I just googled and found so many other creative combos like chocolate and butterscotch.
I see Potato Chip Cookies and I am thinking what next? But like I said no combo really surprises me anymore. I have to say that I will stay far away from many and I am not big on experimenting but some I see I am very curious about.

Back
Top Bottom