Pull apart bread from scratch?

Local time
11:08 PM
Recently I was on Pinterest pinning away some recipes when I came across some pull away breads. It was the first time I had seen this bread but the pictures on Pinterest left me drooling. This morning I whipped up my own little pull apart bread. I used some egg (first after seeing two yolks) sweet pepper, onions, ham and some vegetarian cheese. It was nothing fancy and just a last minute idea to do something different with the bread which I try not to eat.

Then I got to thinking it would be so neat to make my healthier bread from scratch and then go to town with things I would stuff in my bread. Has anyone ever had a pull away bread or even called it by that name? Would you consider making it from scratch? Here is what got me going.

http://www.featsoffeasts.com/pull-a...ing_wp_cron=1429485628.8316318988800048828125

Just last Friday I made a plaited bread called challah which is a Jewish bread traditionally made on a Friday. http://108breads.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/my-orginal-challah-recipe-family.html
I made it with sourdough starter instead of yeast and it was divine.
I often make something similar to go with a soup or casserole/stew (that is a British casserole with plenty of liquid needing to be soaked up with pieces of bread).
They are simply ready made rolls needing to be separated as far as I am concerned.
The French also have Brioche which is the same, it is plaited and the only way to deal with it is to pull the pieces off.

Oh and I have never heard of it called by that name!

Edit: I have heard of it called by the name "tear and share"
LN_013794_BP_11.jpg

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/Produc...ose+Cheese,+Onion+&+Garlic+Tear+&+Share+Bread

Last edited:
bundt pull apart pizza.jpg

Someone had posted this one on Facebook. Couldn't find it again, so I Googled it & the recipe.

Looks real easy!! I got some pepperoni in the freezer! Good alternative to pizza! :wink:

Last edited:
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Pull Apart Pizza

A pull-apart bread which is perfect for parties, this one is made with pepperoni slices but you can add anything you want to it. There are different variations for Pizza Pull-Apart Bread,,

*2 (14 oz.) cans of Pillsbury pizza dough (you can use Grand biscuits)
*2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
*1/2 tbsp. basil leaves
*1/2 tsp. dried oregano
*1/2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
*1/3 cup olive oil
*1 (8 oz.) package of pepperoni (cut into quarters)
*1 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Bundt pan well.

Cut pizza dough or biscuits into quarters.

Add all the ingredients in a bowl & toss so that the oil is spread evenly on each piece of dough

Bake in oven for 30 minutes (or until the top is & and center is cooked) If the middle is still not cooked thoroughly, leave it in oven for another 5 minutes at a time until it’s done. Remove from oven & let rest for 5 minutes.

Flip over on to a plate & serve with marinara/pizza sauce for dipping.

Last edited:
Here's another type of 'Tear 'n Share' bread which I often make. Its called Pain d' Epi. It looks impressive but is actually easy to achieve. All you need is a pair of sharp scissors!!

epi092.jpg

Morning Glory it's not going to be enough to tell me this bread is simple. I need a recipe please and even if I had to get that I doubt I'd end up thinking it's easy. For me I think it would be a 'pain' to make. Please 'share' the recipe.:okay:

Morning Glory it's not going to be enough to tell me this bread is simple. I need a recipe please and even if I had to get that I doubt I'd end up thinking it's easy. For me I think it would be a 'pain' to make. Please 'share' the recipe.:okay:
The reason I didn't type the recipe out, is that it is one of this things that sounds really complicated when written down. You need to actually see someone doing it. By easy, I meant that if you can make basic bread, then achieving the Pain d'Epi (meaning wheat ear) shape is really easy. Trust me. Its just a scissor cut. I'll try to find a video link. :)

:):) Thanks so much. That's super neat. Now I have to learn to make the dough and I am guessing the texture has to be just right. I 'don't think I have ever made a bread from scratch. If I did it was as a child either at school or with my mom as a little thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom