Pull apart bread from scratch?

Thank you both for all the useful information. After reading everything the sour dough still looks like no walk in the park. Like Morning Glory suggested I should probably tackle something easier. I would be so please with myself to successfully make any kind of bread that requires yeast.

I believe I read elsewhere that a young lady was going to take classes to learn how to make Sour Dough bread. I am thinking SatNavSaysStraight is a natural in that department.

View attachment 1038

Monkey bread is also in that category. Looks sweet & yummy!! :wink:

Monkey Bread is what I always think of when I hear pull apart bread, but that pepperoni pizza bread looks amazing, too! I actually have a couple of monkey bread pans, because the loaves are traditionally smaller than what a bundt pan would make, although I've seen some modern recipes calling for bundt pans.

Thank you both for all the useful information. After reading everything the sour dough still looks like no walk in the park. Like Morning Glory suggested I should probably tackle something easier. I would be so please with myself to successfully make any kind of bread that requires yeast.

I believe I read elsewhere that a young lady was going to take classes to learn how to make Sour Dough bread. I am thinking SatNavSaysStraight is a natural in that department.

I think so too. As it happens @SatNavSaysStraightOn has got me fired up about making sour dough. I'm going to have a go. Do try a simple bread. Its so much easier than you might think. I posted a basic recipe with US measures as a separate thread.

Has anyone heard of the Sweet Potato Queens? They reside in Jackson, Mississippi, they have a parade every year, and the Head Queen is Jill Connor Brown and she has written several books. The books are very funny, but she also includes recipes. One of them is for Monkey Bread made with refrigerated biscuits and boxed butterscotch pudding, just sprinkled on dry, and lots of butter. It's delicious, but when I made it whilst visiting my in-laws in Iowa, it made my MIL's blood sugar spike something awful (she is diabetic) so I've never made it again. It is delicious though. All the recipes in the Sweet Potato Queen's books are delicious. One is called Pig Candy where one sprinkles bacon with brown sugar and bakes it. Not exactly healthy, but oh, so good. I have all the books. Of course I do.

Has anyone heard of the Sweet Potato Queens? They reside in Jackson, Mississippi, they have a parade every year, and the Head Queen is Jill Connor Brown and she has written several books. The books are very funny, but she also includes recipes. One of them is for Monkey Bread made with refrigerated biscuits and boxed butterscotch pudding, just sprinkled on dry, and lots of butter. It's delicious, but when I made it whilst visiting my in-laws in Iowa, it made my MIL's blood sugar spike something awful (she is diabetic) so I've never made it again. It is delicious though. All the recipes in the Sweet Potato Queen's books are delicious. One is called Pig Candy where one sprinkles bacon with brown sugar and bakes it. Not exactly healthy, but oh, so good. I have all the books. Of course I do.

I never would have thought to make it with butterscotch pudding powder. Good to know in advance about the blood sugar spike, just in case. Pig Candy sounds divine, I might have to try that one. Sweet Potato Queens sounds familiar, but I'm not sure from where. Maybe a house-type show on HGTV or DIY Network, or the Hotel Rescue show?

I never would have thought to make it with butterscotch pudding powder. Good to know in advance about the blood sugar spike, just in case. Pig Candy sounds divine, I might have to try that one. Sweet Potato Queens sounds familiar, but I'm not sure from where. Maybe a house-type show on HGTV or DIY Network, or the Hotel Rescue show?
The queens don't have TV show as far as I know, I just know them from the books; funny stories and lots of recipes. Delicious fattening recipes with lots of bacon, sugar and butter.

I dont think I would make it from scratch because of the additional time required to do so. I've always seen pull apart bread as one of those fairly quick and easy breakfast treats. It takes a lot of time in the oven already, so I don't see myself having the motivation to make the dough myself as well. I've made many many loaves of bread in years past, and I know they are not easy or quick. Bread is a big job.

I dont think I would make it from scratch because of the additional time required to do so. I've always seen pull apart bread as one of those fairly quick and easy breakfast treats. It takes a lot of time in the oven already, so I don't see myself having the motivation to make the dough myself as well. I've made many many loaves of bread in years past, and I know they are not easy or quick. Bread is a big job.

I agree. The more I think about bread, the more it seems like a mammoth undertaking especially for someone who has not been baking my entire life. I can't wait to present some pull apart bread at a family affair. I know it's going to be a hit.

Back
Top Bottom