Recipe Pumpkin Cheesecake

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:16 PM
It took me while to work this one out. I'm not the greatest when it comes to cooking sweet things! I think this works well though and the pumpkin has a slightly coconut taste when combined into the cream cheese and cream. You could make a less calorific version by using ricotta in place of the cream and cream cheese. It took me an absolute age to photograph - its surprisingly difficult to photograph cakes!

IMGP0084.jpg

Photographed yesterday in natural light

Ingredients
250 g ginger biscuits crushed to form crumbs (use another sweet biscuit and some ground ginger if you can't get ginger biscuits)
60 g melted butter
300g cooked and mashed pumpkin (or winter squash) drained in kitchen paper and squeezed dry. You can use canned pumpkin puree.
1 x sachet of powdered gelatine (enough to set 1 pint). I used vegetarian gelatine.
140 ml whipped double cream
200g icing sugar
450 g cream cheese (I used marscarpone)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Dark chocolate for grating and decorating

Method
  • Line the sides of a 20 x 20 x 5cm/ 8 x 8 x 2 inch square tin with a removable base or a similar-sized round tin with baking paper.
  • Mix together the ginger biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture into the base of the cake tin and chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
  • Dissolve powdered gelatine in a little warm water.
  • In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, whipped double cream, mashed pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and gelatine.
  • Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base in the baking tin. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours, until set.
  • To serve, carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin. Grate chocolate over the top.
  • Cut into slices and decorate each slice with chocolate curls.
IMGP0081.jpg

Last edited:
Stress not. It's Pinterest ready. I am a lover of cheese cake but do try to stay far away from it. I have cheesecake on my list of things to bake but this one might be stretching if for me at this early stage of my baking life.Oops!!! It's a no bake recipe.

That looks like something I would enjoy. I do love pumpkin in pretty much anything so when pumpkin "season" is upon us, I'm a happy girl. Even after we've carved our pumpkins for Halloween I make sure to save the seeds so I can roast them. I saw the recipe for the Drunken pumpkin cookies which I'll have to give a try, they look delicious and I love Guinness. I agree with @cupcakechef though, I would love to just grab a picture off the screen and eat it but then again I'd be in big trouble because I'm on Pinterest daily and a lot of food looks to die for on there.

Back
Top Bottom