Recipe Pumpkin Chili With Guinness®

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
1:55 AM
Yields Serves 6-8.jpg

“Don't eat a beefsteak. If you do the eyes of that cow will pursue you through all eternity.”
James Joyce, Ulysses

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
2 tsp vegetable oil
4 shallots, chopped
2 small zucchini, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 green bell peppers, de-seeded, de-veined, and chopped
1 bottle/can Guinness®
1 can pumpkin puree
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
salt and pepper, to taste

Method
Heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown ground beef, drain, and remove to a plate.
Add oil to the pot along with shallots, zucchini, peppers, and spices.
Cook for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables soften. Return ground beef to pot, and carefully pour in beer. Use your spatula or spoon to scrape the bottom of the dutch oven to get all the browned bits.
Stir in pumpkin puree, along with both cans of beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer mixture 20 minutes. Stir in corn, and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.

http://onsugarmountain.com/pumpkin-chili-with-guinness/

Sounding good. Anything with chilli catches my attention! I'll have a go at this one and report back. Pretty impossible to get a can of pumpkin puree in these parts. But I can easily make my own (just bake pumpkin/squash slices, scrape the flesh out and puree).

Sounding good. Anything with chilli catches my attention! I'll have a go at this one and report back. Pretty impossible to get a can of pumpkin puree in these parts. But I can easily make my own (just bake pumpkin/squash slices, scrape the flesh out and puree).
Well pumpkin isn't going to be a problem to find around here and I am always thinking that since it's not a favourite I should try new ways of preparing it. I can always count on @classic33 and I do have two Guinness. The 'two Guinness' story is getting so old if I don't use them soon I will throw in the Guinness towel. That said, I find the recipe interesting ground beef all. I have not had any in a while.

Well pumpkin isn't going to be a problem to find around here and I am always thinking that since it's not a favourite I should try new ways of preparing it. I can always count on @classic33 and I do have two Guinness. The 'two Guinness' story is getting so old if I don't use them soon I will throw in the Guinness towel. That said, I find the recipe interesting ground beef all. I have not had any in a while.
19610.jpg

This looks and sounds amazing! I wish I had a bowl of it now. I am definitely marking this as one to try. Chili is always a favorite of mine and I like trying out different ones. I have never had pumpkin in a chili before so this will be new. I have never had a chili that I didn't like though! This may just be on for the upcoming weekend. :)

Back
Top Bottom