Questionnaire for new home cooking education platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

averysteve

Local time
2:20 PM
Hi awesome CookingBites home cooks :)
I'm Steve Avery, the founder of a new online education platform for home cooking, with exclusive classes taught by the world's best chefs, who share and teach their favorite techniques and food through intimate storytelling and hands-on teaching. Think Chef's Table meets Masterclass.

I'm posting because I need your help! I made this short questionnaire, focused on you, passionate home cooks - would you give us your insights and feedback? It takes only 60-90 seconds to complete, promise!!

If you'd like to request early access to our upcoming closed beta, where you'll be able to take our classes before anyone and give us your feedback, you can go here: http://yeschef.me/?source=cookingbites (it will take you to the questionnaire), otherwise you can go straight to the questionnaire: https://yeschef.typeform.com/to/Y7tgla?source=cookingbites

Please feel free to ask me any questions! Your real-world input is super helpful, thank you!!
Steve Avery, Founder YesChef

Last edited by a moderator:
I completed you questionnaire but as I am in the UK I didn't recognise most of the chefs mentioned. You also require an email address. I think some folk will; not be happy to supply that so you may get less results than you hope for.

Anyway - best of luck with the venture @averysteve.

Thanks so much!!
I will remove the requirement for email, thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it.
The chefs are actually a truly international mix - but it's totally ok you didn't know most of them (it's part of what we're checking!).
Thanks for your help, and please share if you can!
We're on Instagram at http://instagram.com/yeschefhq and facebook at http://facebook.com/yeschefhq

I also completed the survey; the first link didn't work, but the second one did.

I'm guessing these classes are geared toward those who want to create elaborate recipes and really stretch themselves in the kitchen. That's great for me, since that's what I normally do. But, I've started to develop an interest in recipes I can prepare when I don't have much time available. This is especially true for me in the summer, when my kids are off from school and I have hardly any free time. Maybe something like that (and/or the ever popular "cooking on a budget") can be worked into your survey (if those are the sorts of things you might be covering in your classes).

Also, is the idea to have a one-size-fits-all membership? I mean, does everyone have access to the same things, but just for different periods (i.e., monthly or annual membership)? Maybe a "light" version of the membership that just includes the more common cuisines and techniques to hook people would be a possibility?

the first link didn't work, but the second one did.

You are right. The first link is dead and you get this screen:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 22.08.42.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks and sorry my bad! was missing a ? in the link: here it is:
http://yeschef.me/?source=cookingbites
Thank's The Late Night Gourmet and Morning Glory for reporting!!
Now if only I can fix the original post...

To answer your wonderful questions The Late Night Gourmet:
"I'm guessing these classes are geared toward those who want to create elaborate recipes and really stretch themselves in the kitchen. That's great for me, since that's what I normally do."
- We are definitely focusing on 'home chefs', like you (and me) who already have some skills and are looking to elevate their cooking. But, we're less focused on the recipes themselves, and more on the deeper lessons, techniques and skills the world's best chefs can impart, so that we can all learn more about cooking, especially a broad range of international cuisines. There will also be both a big mix and progressive nature to the classes teachings, so one chef could teach simpler dishes she loved from her childhood all the way up to more complex dishes she developed in her restaurant. The classes will be very personal journeys with each chef, and the chefs will have a lot of creative control over our productions.

"But, I've started to develop an interest in recipes I can prepare when I don't have much time available. This is especially true for me in the summer, when my kids are off from school and I have hardly any free time. Maybe something like that (and/or the ever popular "cooking on a budget") can be worked into your survey (if those are the sorts of things you might be covering in your classes)."
- Absolutely agree, and the focus here is getting the world's best chefs to teach home cooking (not the Michelin star food they make at their restaurants). The lessons and recipes will be practical, and the digital experience will also break things down so that you don't waste time and can get things done when you want to. Cooking on a budget and learning how to cook amazing food without truffles or caviar, is a huge goal.

"Also, is the idea to have a one-size-fits-all membership? I mean, does everyone have access to the same things, but just for different periods (i.e., monthly or annual membership)? Maybe a "light" version of the membership that just includes the more common cuisines and techniques to hook people would be a possibility?"
- We have thought a lot about this, and while we still don't have a final pricing model totally ironed out, we want one solution that gives everyone unlimited access to an ever-growing library of classes. A Netflix for home cooking, if you will. We're doing our best to get to $99/year or $9.99/month. Fragmenting the business model makes it more confusing, and gives some people more value than others - we want everyone to enjoy and engage with our classes - and would rather offer an experience that is there when and where you want it.

Wonderful questions and thank you for taking your time to help us!
We are also conducting user interviews, as user feedback, insights and understanding is mission-critical for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom