Radish Soup?

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
1:22 PM
So, I bought a bunch of radishes, so I could garnish my chicken posole. And now, I am faced with using the radishes, before they perish. Salads are one avenue. But I had a thought to do a radish soup. I know that the mix of radish and cucumber is a good one, when they are blended. That seemed a start.

I did some digging and folks who have done radish soup recipes appear to like blending radish, onion and potato, and sometimes with chicken or beef. Heavy cream and butter are part of these recipes, and some use a chicken or vegetable broth, as well. Nobody seems to have hit on radish and cucumber.

Spices? That's an open play. I'd have to put some thought into it.

Korean radish beef soup is the only one I've found that gets adventurous without the creamy and use whole radish, but they use the daikon radish. I've got about 20 dirt apple radishes.

How would you concoct a radish (dirt apple) soup?

A friend of mine grows radishes so at one time in the year he gives me a bag full. My attempt at freezing them was a disaster so I now just top and tail them, wash and dry them, stick them in a bowl and snack on them.

They're very good for wind!

A friend of mine grows radishes so at one time in the year he gives me a bag full. My attempt at freezing them was a disaster so I now just top and tail them, wash and dry them, stick them in a bowl and snack on them.

They're very good for wind!

Yeah, freezing them alters them, making them less crisp. I suppose they can still be used after freezing, but only if you intend to mush them up.

I like radishes to snack on, like raw carrots, celery, etc. I'm with you there.

If you come up with a soup, I'd be interested in seeing it. I have a bucketload of salad turnips grown here, and I figure recipes might be similar.

I am thinking on a radish - cucumber soup and will post when I give it a whirl.

If you come up with a soup, I'd be interested in seeing it. I have a bucketload of salad turnips grown here, and I figure recipes might be similar.

I have written up a radish/cucumber soup recipe and will make later this week, Friday or Saturday, if the cucumber doesn't perish before then.

I've made my radish cucumber soup.

full.jpg

I grow white and red long radishes I plant every two weeks so we have supplies for months. We eat. In salads or raw.soup I will have to give it some thought. We grow cuces as well.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom