Recipe Raw Vegan Brownies

Micheleteresa

Veteran
Local time
7:28 AM
This is from Gluten Free Vegan Girl, she has many awesome raw desert recipes, I have made these brownies and brought them to a party at my mothers and everyone loved them. :) ( note..the very first time I made these brownies I tried to use a blender because I did not have a food processor..not a good idea at all, I ended up running to the target down the block to buy a food processor, which turned out to be one of the best purchase's ever made because I use it often! )

Ingredients:

• 2 cups raw walnuts *
  • 2 cups pitted dates
  • 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
  • 6 tbsp raw almond butter *
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (not raw and optional)
  • a pinch of salt

Directions:

1. Place walnuts in a food processor and process until they have a crumbly texture. Add in the dates and continue until you have a somewhat sticky dough. Finally, add in the remaining ingredients and run until the mixture is well-combined.

2. Once the dough is finished transfer it into a small loaf pan, lined with parchment, and press it down firmly using clean hands. Make the icing like written below and spread an even amount all over the cake. Place this in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably over-night, before serving. If you are in a time-crunch, you can get away with placing it in the freezer for 1 hour before serving.

After that, simply lift up the parchment and slice it up into squares!

This is from Gluten Free Vegan Girl, she has many awesome raw desert recipes, I have made these brownies and brought them to a party at my mothers and everyone loved them. :) ( note..the very first time I made these brownies I tried to use a blender because I did not have a food processor..not a good idea at all, I ended up running to the target down the block to buy a food processor, which turned out to be one of the best purchase's ever made because I use it often! )

Ingredients:

• 2 cups raw walnuts *
  • 2 cups pitted dates
  • 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
  • 6 tbsp raw almond butter *
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (not raw and optional)
  • a pinch of salt

Directions:

1. Place walnuts in a food processor and process until they have a crumbly texture. Add in the dates and continue until you have a somewhat sticky dough. Finally, add in the remaining ingredients and run until the mixture is well-combined.

2. Once the dough is finished transfer it into a small loaf pan, lined with parchment, and press it down firmly using clean hands. Make the icing like written below and spread an even amount all over the cake. Place this in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably over-night, before serving. If you are in a time-crunch, you can get away with placing it in the freezer for 1 hour before serving.

After that, simply lift up the parchment and slice it up into squares!
I love raw brownies! I made these in the past, but I used a different recipe. I will try this one out. I didn't use raw almond butter but it sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom