Repainting my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.

Spent the better part of an hour just getting the tap off the cord!! It was really stuck on there & left the cord sticky!! Gotta clean it. :mad:
Consider green Frog tape. Better adhesion and less sticky. You should always remove your tape while the paint is wet. Try hot water with plain white vinegar to wash your cord.

Consider green Frog tape. Better adhesion and less sticky. You should always remove your tape while the paint is wet. Try hot water with plain white vinegar to wash your cord.

I got it all off, finally. Thanks for the heads-up. But I'll try some Greased Lightening on a paper towel to see. :wink:

Check me out!!.jpg

Check me out!! Looks brand spanking new!! :wink:

View attachment 28800

Check me out!! Looks brand spanking new!! :wink:

You have really done an excellent job @Shermie - to be honest I was skeptical when you first started this thread that you would be able to achieve a professional finish. Its not easy. But you really seem to have done it. Well done! :bravo:

P.S. I don't know what camera you are using to shoot this photo but the image looks 'foggy' as if the lens needs cleaning perhaps? I'm not sure...

You have really done an excellent job @Shermie - to be honest I was skeptical when you first started this thread that you would be able to achieve a professional finish. Its not easy. But you really seem to have done it. Well done! :bravo:

P.S. I don't know what camera you are using to shoot this photo but the image looks 'foggy' as if the lens needs cleaning perhaps? I'm not sure...

Thanks. It was with the phone's camera. I need to get a better camera. Some of them, I focused in a little too close. :headshake:

Thanks. It was with the phone's camera. I need to get a better camera. Some of them, I focused in a little too close. :headshake:

It doesn't look like a focus issue to me. Have you tried cleaning the lens on the back of the phone? Just rub with a soft cloth and see if it improves.

Last edited:
After I'm done with THIS mixer, it'll either be a vintage KA Model G, or an N-50 mixer that I'll paint. :wink:

I thought about that! Hah!!

Well its not such a crazy idea. How long did it take you to do the mixer in hours? And cost of materials? You could offer a 'bespoke' kitchen appliance colour change service. Or buy up old appliances cheaply, re-spray them and sell them for a big profit.

That's a good thought also, but if I did that, I'd probably want to keep them for myself. Well, I guess I could paint them in a not-so- favorite color. Be aware that I didn't open the motor head for any maintenance. like on the machinery or the motor. I WILL check the brushes though, to see if they need to be replaced

I just dismantled 4 parts to get them painted :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom