Restaurant Food At Home

LadyBelle

Veteran
Local time
1:07 AM
It is very likely that here in Wales we are about to enter a second lockdown (from next Friday). The news has hit me like a ton of bricks, so decided to treat myself to a restaurant night out at home.
Saw an online post for Haar At Home and decided to give it a try.
We live quite a rural location so local restaurants are mainly pubs so choices are limited if you want some fine dining.

I decided to go for the lobster and crab box. It was really delicious, good instructions and easy to pull together. I bought a bottle of champagne to push the boat out a bit further!

It wasn’t cheap and I could have probably sourced everything and put it together much cheaper but it was a treat and probably what a night out would have cost.

This seems to be a great concept for the current situation if you are missing going out to eat (which I am). Just wondered if anyone else had done something similar?

It is very likely that here in Wales we are about to enter a second lockdown (from next Friday). The news has hit me like a ton of bricks, so decided to treat myself to a restaurant night out at home.
Saw an online post for Haar At Home and decided to give it a try.
We live quite a rural location so local restaurants are mainly pubs so choices are limited if you want some fine dining.

I decided to go for the lobster and crab box. It was really delicious, good instructions and easy to pull together. I bought a bottle of champagne to push the boat out a bit further!

It wasn’t cheap and I could have probably sourced everything and put it together much cheaper but it was a treat and probably what a night out would have cost.

This seems to be a great concept for the current situation if you are missing going out to eat (which I am). Just wondered if anyone else had done something similar?

View attachment 48555

View attachment 48557

View attachment 48558
If I may, where do you live in Wales ?

I like to think i serve up restaurant quality food 2 to 3 times a week? Who else eats potato dauphinois often? My wife was telling me last night mr6 (who's a handful and off the spectrum) he told her he loves my potato thing with pieces everywhere. Lol.

Russ

I've seen those meal-in-a-box kits on YouTube cooking shows, and they get good reviews. But, I just can't get myself to pay restaurant prices for food I cook myself. For me, the thing that justifies a night out at a restaurant is having somebody else cook, and have waiters bring everything to my table, then not having to clean anything up.

CD

Had this last night, well, the nacho bits anyway. It was very good.
View attachment 49110

View attachment 49109

I love Nachos. Other than the corn, and too much cilantro, those look good. Actually, the corn is probably good, just weird to see on nachos. I am one of those people with the genetic trait that makes cilantro taste like soap.

CD

I like to think i serve up restaurant quality food 2 to 3 times a week? Who else eats potato dauphinois often? My wife was telling me last night mr6 (who's a handful and off the spectrum) he told her he loves my potato thing with pieces everywhere. Lol.

Russ

I do, I love potatoes dauphinois.

I love Nachos. Other than the corn, and too much cilantro, those look good. Actually, the corn is probably good, just weird to see on nachos. I am one of those people with the genetic trait that makes cilantro taste like soap.

CD
The corn was combined with pineapple and chilli, it worked really well. The lady who cooks these meals is half Spanish, and has lived/cooked professionally over there, so the meal was pretty good. She has also worked in Italy and France, so can mix up her menu's quiet effectively.

Back
Top Bottom