Restaurant Food At Home

The last place in Wales we lived was Flintshire. My god son lives in St Dogmaels and his family in Newbridge on Wye. When we lived in Flintshire we would visit quite a lot.
Beautiful part of Wales.
Since this thread started, we are back in lockdown and it’s much stricter than the first time, although we’re being told it will definitely end in 17 days.

Beautiful part of Wales.
Since this thread started, we are back in lockdown and it’s much stricter than the first time, although we’re being told it will definitely end in 17 days.
I always speak to my younger brother on Saturday, he said that only vehicles with Welsh plates or doing business are allowed into Wales ?

I do, I love potatoes dauphinois.

I have never heard of these. I have extra potatoes I've grown, and will have to Google this.

And here I thought pizza was the only thing abused by adding pineapple... :)

Agreed, Reuben. Pineapple belongs in upside down cake.

I always speak to my younger brother on Saturday, he said that only vehicles with Welsh plates or doing business are allowed into Wales ?
There seems to be a lot of this being talked about but I don’t think it’s true.

As it’s a lockdown the only legitimate reasons for coming in or out are for work, for education or for medical appointments ( I think you can also have compassionate grounds). People who are trying to come on holiday or for trips to the beach are being “advised” to turn around.

I have had to have a certificate to get to the office (I mainly work from home but occasionally need secure phone lines) in case I’m pulled over - so that I can evidence I have a legitimate reason for traveling (I go through three counties to get to the office).

I have never heard of these. I have extra potatoes I've grown, and will have to Google this.

Agreed, Reuben. Pineapple belongs in upside down cake.

You must try it, it's so rich and beautiful. Soak potatoes though before assembly.
Pineapple upside down cake was my first cake I baked at high school in home ec.

The corn was combined with pineapple and chilli, it worked really well. The lady who cooks these meals is half Spanish, and has lived/cooked professionally over there, so the meal was pretty good. She has also worked in Italy and France, so can mix up her menu's quiet effectively.

I can see corn with chilis and pineapple. I like to combine heat and sweet. Not sold on using them on nachos. I'm thinking that would be a good salsa style dip for corn tortilla chips, all by itself. :thumbsup:

CD

Back
Top Bottom