Restaurant Inspections

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
3:29 PM
Does anyone else like to read the restaurant inspections published in their local newspaper? I love reading them, for things like this (from one of the two Subways we have in town, printed in the Wilmington News-Journal):

Subway (inside Wal-Mart), 2825 SR 73 South, Wilmington, May 9. Follow-up.

Received multiple complaints regarding “Cleanliness of facility, employee wearing pajamas while serving and exposed rear while working and making sandwiches.”

:laugh: 🍑

Any good (or better yet, bad) inspection reports in your area?

Wife and I blacklist restaurants when we read some of the health violations in our local restaurants. I'm sorry to the restaurant managers/owners on the forum, but it is really hard to go back to places that have been shut down for rodents or other pests/insects, no matter how hard they try...

We have two places in town we won’t go - one is that Subway (this isn’t the first weird/wild violation) and the other is the Little Caesar’s pizza place - every month they get inspected, and the lack of cleanliness is alarming. I don’t know how they haven’t been shut down yet.

We haven't taken this newspaper since long before we left Hawaii.
This itty-bitty town we live in now only puts out a paper 3 times a week and they charge for the online version, not worth it!
But back on topic ... we did have one of our favorite restaurants closed down suddenly during the Pandemic, multiple health code issues, don't remember that ever happening there previously though.

We don't get those reports of restaurant inspections in local newspapers in the UK (as far as I know). I'm sure there are ways to access the reports but I don't know how.

I remember when I lived in Los Angeles they posted food inspection ratings at the front of business establishments. I was SHOCKED when the taco stand next door got an "A" rating but the cafeteria at school only got a "B". Either some bribery was taking place, or that taco stand was run with an iron fist :laugh:

Stay away from Chipotle!! :ninja:
That's not fair, all chains are not created equal and many Chipotle restaurants are very, very clean. I used to be paid to evaluate them (food quality, service, cleanliness, etc.), and the locations in my area are really good and very clean.

GadgetGuy I've never been to Chipotle ... we have one, but I steer clear of chains for the most part. Why do you say not to go there?
Probably because they’ve been in the news a few times for food-borne illness outbreaks. They seemed to have had a spate of three or four really close together a few years ago.

Probably because they’ve been in the news a few times for food-borne illness outbreaks. They seemed to have had a spate of three or four really close together a few years ago.
Yes, they had bouts of Norovirus at several (and if I remember correctly that was in the Boston area, hence GadgetGuy's comment I believe). I wouldn't worry about a brand-new location especially, but I do believe the days of food-borne illness at Chipotle are long gone.

Our dinner club when told where we are going we normally giggle and look at reviews. We still go and give our opinions on line as well.

Russ

Yes, they had bouts of Norovirus at several (and if I remember correctly that was in the Boston area, hence GadgetGuy's comment I believe). I wouldn't worry about a brand-new location especially, but I do believe the days of food-borne illness at Chipotle are long gone.
I think I’ve eaten at Chipotle three times. The food is fine, but I hate the atmosphere. Even when it’s not that busy, all that concrete and metal, with that open kitchen, it’s like being at a construction site with all the noise.

Plus, they never give me the time to figure out what I want. They have too much crap laid out there, and they’re always pushing the line along, and I don’t even get a chance to look at everything before the burrito thingy I’m not even sure I ordered is down at the next spot and they’re serving somebody else.

Back
Top Bottom