Recipe Ricotta and Chocolate Rice Cake

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:53 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk

Ricotta is a light and creamy cheese with a delicate flavour. It’s quite low in fat, making it a good substitute for mascarpone.

This cake is just perfect for breakfast, or as a treats for the afternoon tea, very easy to prepare and all ingredients work perfectly together.

Serves 6, Preparation time 15 - 20 minutes, Cooking time 1 hour

• Short-grain rice, 200 g
  • 1 lt. Soy milk
  • 180 g. brown sugar
  • 50 g. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 60 g. Dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content
  • a pinch of salt
  • 250 g. Sweet Ricotta Italian cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 20 g. plain flour / all-purpose flour
Method

Pre-heat the oven.

Beat the eggs in a bowl and set them aside.

Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring it to boil.
As soon as it’s boling, pour the rice, add a pinch of salt and the sugar, stir well and cook it until it has absorbed all the milk.

Remove now for few moments the saucepan with rice from the heat and combine the cocoa powder, mix well, then add the dark chocolate and let it melt completely by stirring continuosly, then add the flour and stir well again.

Crush ricotta with a fork, add it into the rice along with the previously beaten eggs and stir all very well.

Pour the mixture directly on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and level it out with a spatula.

I added some choco drops as well!

Cook the rice cake into the oven at 180 C for about 20-25 mins – it depends on your oven. To verify if the cake is ready, insert a toothpick in the cake and if by removing it it’s dry, cake is ready.

Take off the cake from the oven and let it cool down a bit.

Cut it into cubes, sprinkle it with icing sugar and enjoy it

View attachment 34805

Ricotta is a light and creamy cheese with a delicate flavour. It’s quite low in fat, making it a good substitute for mascarpone.

This cake is just perfect for breakfast, or as a treats for the afternoon tea, very easy to prepare and all ingredients work perfectly together.

Serves 6, Preparation time 15 - 20 minutes, Cooking time 1 hour

• Short-grain rice, 200 g
  • 1 lt. Soy milk
  • 180 g. brown sugar
  • 50 g. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 60 g. Dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content
  • a pinch of salt
  • 250 g. Sweet Ricotta Italian cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 20 g. plain flour / all-purpose flour
Method

Pre-heat the oven.

Beat the eggs in a bowl and set them aside.

Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring it to boil.
As soon as it’s boling, pour the rice, add a pinch of salt and the sugar, stir well and cook it until it has absorbed all the milk.

Remove now for few moments the saucepan with rice from the heat and combine the cocoa powder, mix well, then add the dark chocolate and let it melt completely by stirring continuosly, then add the flour and stir well again.

Crush ricotta with a fork, add it into the rice along with the previously beaten eggs and stir all very well.

Pour the mixture directly on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and level it out with a spatula.

I added some choco drops as well!

Cook the rice cake into the oven at 180 C for about 20-25 mins – it depends on your oven. To verify if the cake is ready, insert a toothpick in the cake and if by removing it it’s dry, cake is ready.

Take off the cake from the oven and let it cool down a bit.

Cut it into cubes, sprinkle it with icing sugar and enjoy it

Looks wonderful!

I wouldn't mind cooking this up, with the proviso that I'm going to be sharing it... All's I need is a taste! Dark chocolate, you know....

One of the locals who would simply love this is allergic to soy (and most legumes) - could dairy or coconut milk be used as a substitute?

Looks wonderful!

I wouldn't mind cooking this up, with the proviso that I'm going to be sharing it... All's I need is a taste! Dark chocolate, you know....

One of the locals who would simply love this is allergic to soy (and most legumes) - could dairy or coconut milk be used as a substitute?

I honestly don’t know about coconut milk, I have never used it, I usually use soy or cow milk, sometimes even goat milk. Maybe oat milk could work?

Back
Top Bottom