RIP Queen Elizabeth II

One of these people served two tours in Afghanistan, including combat operations. One of these people isn't allowed to wear his uniform whilst all the others wear uniforms through honorary appointments.

One of these people served two tours in Afghanistan, including combat operations. One of these people isn't allowed to wear his uniform whilst all the others wear uniforms through honorary appointments.
View attachment 90411
My husband and I were talking about this last night ... Harry, what the hell man?

It’s back to being shut down to new joiners again. The live queue tracker is requesting people “do not travel to join the queue,” and it’s at 24 hours long again.

It’s back to being shut down to new joiners again. The live queue tracker is requesting people “do not travel to join the queue,” and it’s at 24 hours long again.
I suspect they will shut the queue completely at midnight tonight.

There have been pieces on social media asking how many are true royalists who are driven to be there, and how many are just caught up in the occasion and afraid they will miss out on something if they don't join in. If you think it through, it is a ridiculous idea to stand in line for a whole day just to be in the same room as a corpse.

I suspect they will shut the queue completely at midnight tonight.

There have been pieces on social media asking how many are true royalists who are driven to be there, and how many are just caught up in the occasion and afraid they will miss out on something if they don't join in. If you think it through, it is a ridiculous idea to stand in line for a whole day just to be in the same room as a corpse.

Agreed. Plus there are people dropping through exhaustion, dehydration or hypothermia. The temperature overnight dropped significantly. As a member of St John's ambulance remarked - some people aren't prepared for what is essentially an endurance test. To stand or walk slowly in near freezing temperature at night for many hours on end is not something anyone who is not 100% fit and used to such conditions should be contemplating.

If you think it through, it is a ridiculous idea to stand in line for a whole day
I’m thinking of standing just across the road from the queue, just to see if I can start a queue of people watching the queue.

Seriously, I would not want to be the person who has to go out to the line at some point and say, “Right - that’s the end. You all to my left can continue on, and you lot to my right, go on home now, so sorry, thank you, maybe next time!”

Back
Top Bottom