Recipe Roasted Dungeness Crab with tons of garlic

... and Dungeness spit and Dungeness Bay does indeed get its name from the Dungeness down the road from me!

Are you in UK? Because I think there is a Dungeness Bay in UK but the Dungeness Bay they refer to is between the U.S. and Canada (it's a US/Canadian West Coast crab).

Are you in UK? Because I think there is a Dungeness Bay in UK but the Dungeness Bay they refer to is between the U.S. and Canada (it's a US/Canadian West Coast crab).

Yes I'm in the UK and just down the road is Dungeness. You can see where someone lives under their icon.

The time displayed is the time local to the member which is quite useful to know.

Yes the Dungeness in the USA was named after the Dungeness down the road from me - as I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Yes, I did click on 'edit thread'. The pictures are in reverse, meaning that the bottom pic is the first screen. Then I click on 'edit thread' and the top screen then shows. (For some reason my post shows 2 of the same images but I only added it one time!)

OK - try clicking on edit at the bottom left of the post instead.

We get pretty much everything here, except crab. I know ozzy have crabs, but not us. Small thumb size only.
We can get crab in a tin, the taste ????
Russ

We often buy cans/tins of jumbo lump, blue crab. To me the taste is fine. If I lived in Louisiana or Maryland, I could probably buy it fresh. I love blue crabs steamed Maryland style and have done this with Dungeness, golden and coral crab as well. Sometimes, blue crabs are placed in with crawfish during a boil. Although good, I'll stick to Maryland style steamed.

We often buy cans/tins of jumbo lump, blue crab. To me the taste is fine. If I lived in Louisiana or Maryland, I could probably buy it fresh. I love blue crabs steamed Maryland style and have done this with Dungeness, golden and coral crab as well. Sometimes, blue crabs are placed in with crawfish during a boil. Although good, I'll stick to Maryland style steamed.

I've never considered canned crab, but I will look next time at supermarket. I'll look inn the Asian one as well. Btw I giggled dungeness, there a good clip about the women life boat members in the 50s.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom