Rye Bread is My Personal Favorite

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
4:39 PM
I love rye breads. And thankfully Oroweat makes several varieties, except, they don't make pumpernickkel, which I can never find.

I particularly love Oroweat's New York Extra Sour Rye.

I love rye breads. And thankfully Oroweat makes several varieties, except, they don't make pumpernickkel, which I can never find.

I particularly love Oroweat's New York Extra Sour Rye.

How are you going to eat all that before it goes bad? Are you freezing most of it?

CD

Bread is my kryptonite, and therefore I love all breads even the flat ones like chapati lol. But seriously I enjoy it all and if I have to choose which I prefer the most it would have to be focaccia, baguette, sourdough and a good brioche.

Bread is my kryptonite, and therefore I love all breads even the flat ones like chapati lol. But seriously I enjoy it all and if I have to choose which I prefer the most it would have to be focaccia, baguette, sourdough and a good brioche.

I'm pretty well with you, especially focaccia and sourdough.

CD

I like those too, but at this time I crave rye bread like them stupid pop-eyed goldfish must crave water.

I like those too, but at this time I crave rye bread like them stupid pop-eyed goldfish must crave water.

I like it too, particularly pumpernickel but I don't eat much at a time as its so dense and therefore more calorific per slice. I do make rye bread now and then. Examples: Rye Bread with Miso (single rise), Charcoal Rye Bread, Rye bread with carrots, caraway and Guinness.

But seriously, that's an hell of a lot of rye bread for one person! I know it keeps a bit longer than other breads but not that long. Are you going to freeze some? Or maybe these are old photos of different purchases...

Rye bread is my favorite as well, the only drawback is that it can't be used for everything, not like white bread (at least for me).

Of course, white bread is so versatile because it's so bland, but that's its strong point, I guess.

I love it as toast, especially with scrambled eggs. I love it with fondue, with lunchmeat sandwiches, just plain, etc.

What I don't like it with is peanut butter or with jam or Nutella. Anything sweet like that, it just clashes.

I don't know when it happened, but at some point along the way, my local Kroger stopped carrying rye flour. Even the big Kroger stopped carrying it, and now it's a specialty item I have to go out of my way for, so I haven't made it in a while.

But seriously, that's an hell of a lot of rye bread for one person! I know it keeps a bit longer than other breads but not that long. Are you going to freeze some? Or maybe these are old photos of different purchases...

If you look at the date at the bottom of each of the photos, you'll see different and widely separated dates. These loaves of rye bread were not all purchased at the same time, but are photos from over time.

Pumpernicckel Bread

Note that this is not a rye pumpernicckel. Its ingredients include millet flour, sourghum flour, brown teff flour, buckwheat flour, psyllium seed husk powder, sunflower seed oil, raisin juice, flax, caraway seeds, sea salt, carob powder and pumpkin seeds.

Back
Top Bottom