Scotch, Irish or Bourbon - what's your favourite whisky?

I had a wonderful velvety smooth aged boutique Scotch Whiskey when we were on Skye Island in Scotland ..

I cannot seem to recall the name, just where we had it .. It was quite unique.

The owners of the hotel where we stayed, served this Brand ..

I had a wonderful velvety smooth aged boutique Scotch Whiskey when we were on Skye Island in Scotland ..

I cannot seem to recall the name, just where we had it .. It was quite unique.

The owners of the hotel where we stayed, served this Brand ..

The famous whisky distillery on the Isle of Skye is Talisker and there is also Torabhaig. I'd say my own favourite, though I am not a big whisky drinker, is Laphroaig (roughly speaking, pronounced Laff-royg). This has a very peaty flavour and is produced on another island, Islay (the y at the end is silent). Another Islay distillery that turns out a lovely malt is Bowmore.

Great choice! Smoky, at its best. J&B is my staple scotch, not that I drink it much these days. I've never really got on with bourbon, although in fairness I've probably only tried the commercial varieties. Southern Comfort I find too sweet, but I don't mind Jim Beam.

I'm not a fan of overtly sweet liquor (or anything to be honest). My go to is Elijah Craig. Its 30 bucks a bottle. It doesn't break the bank. There is a little "bite" to it so that puts it right in my wheelhouse.

The famous whisky distillery on the Isle of Skye is Talisker and there is also Torabhaig. I'd say my own favourite, though I am not a big whisky drinker, is Laphroaig (roughly speaking, pronounced Laff-royg). This has a very peaty flavour and is produced on another island, Islay (the y at the end is silent). Another Islay distillery that turns out a lovely malt is Bowmore.

I've had the Laphroaig 10 and the quarter cask. Both are pretty good. If I'm going to do scotch and I want smokiness I'll go with the Lagavulin 16 (Christmas gift from my wife ) or Ardbeg 10 as its much more affordable.

20180206_192646.jpg

I'm more of a rum kinda gal but i have a brother that likes his whiskey...Jack Daniels, jim beam and southern comfort in that order...he is easy to shop for.

Back
Top Bottom