Scotch, Irish or Bourbon - what's your favourite whisky?

A take-off on a very favorite whisky here in America, "Old Crow". It's been around forever. Given my nephew's propensity toward drinking excessively of such imbibements, I forwarded to him a sort of warning regarding his consumption of "Old Crow":

img33110.jpg

A take-off on a very favorite whisky here in America, "Old Crow". It's been around forever. Given my nephew's propensity toward drinking excessively of such imbibements, I forwarded to him a sort of warning regarding his consumption of "Old Crow":

img33110.jpg

:laugh:

20190116_183315.jpg

[Mod.Edit - please note this post has been copied to start a new thread. Please post replies in the new thread: Fortified Wines]

Can I deviate a bit from whisky? Many years ago, living in my birthplace outside of Chicago, I became acquainted by accident with a most-delicious wine imported from Sicily. It's name was "Sicilian Gold". There was also a competitor, imported from Italy, I think, named "Gold Drops Mandorcreama".

After moving out West, I was never able to find it anywhere. Hard to imagine such delicious product was not sold nation-wide. Ever hear of either?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was born in Kentucky, so I guess I'd better like bourbon. I'm partial to Knob Creek or Maker's Mark - but I have to admit I haven't tried them all. Not even a quarter of them...
As for Irish, Jamison's is okay, I think I've had one other brand years ago whose name escapes me, and it was very good. Not something I run into often.
As for Scotch whisky, I prefer single malts, preferably not as peaty as Laphroiag. Glenlivet, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Macallan all good, I do drink them "on the rocks".
I spent some time in Scotland in the past. Figured I may as well enjoy their food and drink!

I was born in Kentucky, so I guess I'd better like bourbon. I'm partial to Knob Creek or Maker's Mark - but I have to admit I haven't tried them all. Not even a quarter of them...
As for Irish, Jamison's is okay, I think I've had one other brand years ago whose name escapes me, and it was very good. Not something I run into often.
As for Scotch whisky, I prefer single malts, preferably not as peaty as Laphroiag. Glenlivet, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Macallan all good, I do drink them "on the rocks".
I spent some time in Scotland in the past. Figured I may as well enjoy their food and drink!

Did you get to,Inverness ?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom