Scrambled eggs!

sbnufc

Veteran
Local time
10:14 AM
How do you make yours? I've seen so many different ways over time. Only the eggs, added milk, added cream, added milk and cream, added cheese.. you name it.

I did actually used to add a splash of milk to mine, while stirring in a frying pan, but I recently came across a recipe/method from Gordon Ramsey which I just love. It's now my go-to method for scrambled eggs all the time. They're so good!

I would write out the method, but there's actually a video showing how to do it on youtube. I highly recommended you give it a go :)

View: http://youtu.be/PUP7U5vTMM0

I use to add milk to my eggs, but I only do when I mix them in a bowl and scramble them. I actually do it kind of the "lazy way", but I like how they taste this way. I put butter in the hot pan and if I put veggies in I will cut up onions and celery or mushrooms and spinach, and I'll satee it in the butter. Then I just put the eggs in the pan and break them up there. I add pepper and a pinch of salt. Then I begin constantly stirring my eggs until it is done.

Wow, thanks so much for posting that video! I've been doing it wrong all this time. Whisking it together away from the fire. Adding salt so it breaks it down and gets watery. Using the butter for pan greasing instead of flavoring. And overcooking it, of course.

I might still prefer my scrambled eggs to be a little chunkier than that looks, but the mushroom-tomato and sourdough toast make it look like the perfect breakfast, yeah!

Wow, thanks so much for posting that video! I've been doing it wrong all this time. Whisking it together away from the fire. Adding salt so it breaks it down and gets watery. Using the butter for pan greasing instead of flavoring. And overcooking it, of course.

I might still prefer my scrambled eggs to be a little chunkier than that looks, but the mushroom-tomato and sourdough toast make it look like the perfect breakfast, yeah!
You are very welcome :) I was the same as you and I've never looked back since I starting this way.

Remember, you can still make them either more chunky or less "wet" than on the video by just keeping it on the heat a few seconds longer!

I vary how I make scrambled eggs all the time. Sometimes I use butter to make it tastier, most times I just use some canola oil on the pan. I usually put on some cheese with it, sometimes cream cheese as well. I also sometimes put some pepper on it, or even oregano. I love eggs and scrambles is my favorite!

I just scramble up the eggs and add ground black pepper! &I scramble them in butter.

I make my scrambled eggs by sauteing onion and tomatoes then mix it with the beaten eggs with a little dash of salt and pepper and that's it! :)

I use to add milk to my eggs, but I only do when I mix them in a bowl and scramble them. I actually do it kind of the "lazy way", but I like how they taste this way. I put butter in the hot pan and if I put veggies in I will cut up onions and celery or mushrooms and spinach, and I'll satee it in the butter. Then I just put the eggs in the pan and break them up there. I add pepper and a pinch of salt. Then I begin constantly stirring my eggs until it is done.
I really love me some scrambled eggs with cheese. and sausage the best ever.

I do not use anything but eggs, salt and pepper. I like to scramble them and then add jelly or syrup on them.

I remember seeing this cooking segment a few years ago. While Gordon's preparation certainly looks good too, I especially like those tomatoes with it, I think in general I prefer my eggs to be in larger fluffy curds - not like the consistency of oatmeal as they look here. Incidentally, I watched Iron Chef Michael Symon completely rip off this segment on The Chew. He literally recited it word for word, and even introduced it as *his* way of cooking eggs. I was so tempted to send a letter off to The Chew making fun of them for this and how badly they ripped off Gordon Ramsay, but I figured they would never air it. I wish I could find The Chew version of it he did so you could see the two side by side.

If I'm going to put any sauce on it like ketchup or cheese, I'd just fry it in oil, and if not then I may add a bit of butter. I usually brown it a little bit though unless I'm going to be eating it with something else like sausages, in which case, I'd add a few drops of water or milk in it to make it fluffy.

I like the buttery taste of scrambled eggs and add a dash of soya milk in so they are less heavy. I let them cook themselves toward the end with the lid on just before they get too hard and they stay soft and fluffy. The important thing is to stir and add the pepper while cooking and make sure you don't over cook them.

I also love how the video in the topic starter post shows Gordon Ramsey's soft side ("How To Be The Perfect Boyfriend"). I've only seen him in his Kitchen Nightmare show, where even when he's counseling the restaurant owners, he seems like such an entertainingly angry jerk who plays pranks and shouts, a lot. ;P

I really don't like anything else on my scrambled eggs. I just add salt and pepper, and I am done. I don't like mayo or milk because the taste seem richer.

While I love the recipe I doubt I will be doing the on and off the fire thing. I usually keep my scramble eggs simple for the most part. Some salt pepper and onions are usually enough for me. No milk. When I feel like playing around I add sweet peppers, parsley, tomatoes and onions and any other fun thing I have around at the time. I just like to mix up things when I am in the mood for experimenting.

Back
Top Bottom