Scrambled eggs!

Usually when people make scrambled eggs, they beat the eggs first, but honestly, sometimes I just crack the egg on the pan, add salt, and start mixing it around. You can still see the egg whites mixed with the yolk parts, and it's pretty good.

Nowadays, I've been beating my eggs, adding tomatoes, McCormick spices, and milk. It tastes delicious.

There really is no limit to the amount of things you can do with eggs. You can pretty much add whatever you like, subtract whatever you like and the outcome is still going to be something that is palatable. I feel like the smallest child can scramble an egg but I know some will say there is a technique to everything.

Gordan Ramsey is one of my favorite TV chefs, but I too agree that the consistency of his scrambled eggs is not for me at all. I really like my eggs to be large and fluffy as well and more hard in texture than what the video shows. I could not get the volume to work on the video, was that yogurt or sour cream that he put in at the end? In any event, the tomatoes and bread looked really good too.

pan on the heat ,eggs splash of cream salt and pepper,whisk up,butter in the pan which is hot but not enough to colour butter,egg mix in ,whisking all the time,remove from the heat well under cooked as it keeps cooking,serve up asap as the mix will keep cooking

I FREAKING LOVE THIS RECIPE. It changed my life, honestly. Before, I was making hard scrambled eggs (not runny at all) and it tasted pretty good. I thought that since it's only scrambled eggs, there can't be THAT much of a difference, but it's almost like eating an entirely different dish. I remember in Sweden I'd stock up on creme fraiche JUST to make this every morning for breakfast.

The only complaint I have is that the eggs always end up sticking to the pan, but it's worth it

I like a wet scrambled egg if I ever have to eat one but I have to admit ti's not my favourite. I like every other style of egg over scrambled. It's just a matter of taste I guess.

Gordan Ramsey is one of my favorite TV chefs, but I too agree that the consistency of his scrambled eggs is not for me at all. I really like my eggs to be large and fluffy as well and more hard in texture than what the video shows. I could not get the volume to work on the video, was that yogurt or sour cream that he put in at the end? In any event, the tomatoes and bread looked really good too.
It was creme fresh which is a bit like sour cream. I make eggs his way sometimes using sour cream, but as I have eggs every day that recipe is a bit too rich.
I usually just do a splash of cold water and cook in EVOO or use no liquid and cook in butter depending on my mood. With the cold water method I saute some sweet onion and tomato first then add some fresh basil and garnish with a little sharp cheddar at the end.
I like them a little on the wet side.
Americas test kitchen recently did a segment on scrambled eggs and they melted butter in a fairly hot pan then added whisked eggs and cooked them in about a minute, they looked very fluffy with nice big curds. I might try that in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom