Recipe Sheboygan Brats

cookieee

Local time
10:21 AM
SH just left for the store to buy the brats, so I guess it is safe to say that this is what we will be having for dinner tonight. lol

Sheboygan Brats

4 cups beer
4 cups water
1 large onion, sliced
2 lbs. uncooked pork sausages, in casings
4 TB. butter
2 large onions, diced
Hard rolls

1. Fire up a charcoal grill.
2. Fill a pot halfway with beer and water and sliced onion. Bring to a boil. Plunge in sausages and simmer 20 minutes. If any sausages rise to the surface while simmering, prick them with a sharp knife.
3. As sausages simmer, melt butter in a large skillet and saute diced onions until limp and golden brown. Set aside.
4. Remove sausages from simmering water and cook over white-hot coals until crusty brown. Serve with sauteed onions inside ( or accompanied by) hard rolls. Makes 4 to 6 servings

Thanks to TastyReuben, this is what inspired the brats and will go with them tonight. Überbackenes Sauerkraut (Sauerkraut-Potato Casserole)

Tonights dinner was very good. We really enjoyed the Sauerkraut-Potato Casserole. Thank you once again TastyReuban. We did not have the brats on a hard roll. We also had Garlic Peas with Mushrooms (Birds Eye Frozen Vegetables) I enjoyed them more than DH because he gave me all his mushrooms. :whistling::happy:

Tonights dinner was very good. We really enjoyed the Sauerkraut-Potato Casserole. Thank you once again TastyReuban. We did not have the brats on a hard roll. We also had Garlic Peas with Mushrooms (Birds Eye Frozen Vegetables) I enjoyed them more than DH because he gave me all his mushrooms. :whistling::happy:
I'm glad you liked the casserole!

Back
Top Bottom