Shoes and ties etc.

I noticed the Joe Biden sunglasses and the hipster hat, too. :wink:

CD
That hat...I bought that somewhere in Minnesota, at a K-Mart, for a whopping $8. It's been under the car seat, smashed up in the back window, my niece borrowed it for a summer (surprised I got it back). It's easily 18 years old, probably more. It might outlast your Florsheims!

Those are prescription sunglasses, but I, like Joe Biden, need some cover in case I get the uncontrollable urge to sniff someone's hair. :laugh:

I had to look up "bounder" online. I found "If you call a man a bounder, you mean he behaves in an unkind, deceitful, or selfish way."

Oh, our President. :wink:

CD

My old personalised plate on my Stang, was konman. From a salesman I often got called a conman.

Russ

Thongs...way back when, that's what we used to call flip-flops, but once the butt-floss bikini bottom appeared, that usage kind of went away.

We were watching the local news one night, and one of the news anchors broke her coworkers up laughing when, commenting on the very nice weather the meteorologist just gave, she said something like, "With weather like that, I'll be out wearing my thongs all weekend!" - meaning, of course, her flip-flops, but sounding like her all-too-revealing bikini bottoms. :laugh:

Thongs...way back when, that's what we used to call flip-flops, but once the butt-floss bikini bottom appeared, that usage kind of went away.

We were watching the local news one night, and one of the news anchors broke her coworkers up laughing when, commenting on the very nice weather the meteorologist just gave, she said something like, "With weather like that, I'll be out wearing my thongs all weekend!" - meaning, of course, her flip-flops, but sounding like her all-too-revealing bikini bottoms. :laugh:

They make thongs for men, too. I saw a man/woman couple once, both in thongs. Almost lost my lunch.

CD

They make thongs for men, too. I saw a man/woman couple once, both in thongs. Almost lost my lunch.

CD
Back in the '60s/'70s, designer Rudi Gernreich created a monokini thing that was unisex and was basically a thong bottom and two spaghetti straps. It didn't really last, though.

AKA: The Banana Hammock? :facepalm:

CD
The only reason I know that is because I have the habit (rather, had the habit) of taking lunch at the Cincinnati Art Museum, because admission is free (and a very good museum, too), and one day, they had an exhibit of 1960's fashion and fashion photography, featuring 1960's fashion model Peggy Moffitt.

A lot of the clothing designs were Gernreich's, and one of the walls had a giant blow-up of a magazine ad from then, advertising the monokini, with both male and female models.

And purely by coincidence, less than a week later, I watched the iconic 1966 film Blowup, which had Peggy Moffitt in a cameo.

It was a good week.

We have a funny ad on tv here at the moment advertising men's underpants. Tradie brand. Very funny. I see if I can find it.

Russ

I have 3 Tuxedos. They have pockets galore, even more than galore inside and out, all over the place.
I'd wear them at weddings and funerals and other functions at a charity fraternal order than I belong to.
Strictly cash bar, no tabs either so I'd pay for each drink separately and put the change in one of the pockets.

Wife and I were outta town for a couple of days dealing with Grandma Axe handle drama and the daughter back home un-expectantly needed more cash than we left her. She had a late hours pharmacy delivery coming to the house and no CC's, cash only policy from the pharmacy.
"Search my Tux's theirs bound to be enough cash tucked away in the pockets, they're going to the cleaners check them all and keep it" - I told her.

So two weeks later we're at a slop chute with the daughter and her girlfriends. The girls order their food and the daughter pulls out a head of cabbage made out of US Currency, peels off a few leaves of $$ and pays the girls tab.

"Where in the world did you get that? I asked her.
"From your Tux's" she replied.

This was the EDS knot...

View attachment 45468

In my job in Marketing Support, I had face-to-face interaction with customers. So, I was taught how to tie the EDS knot. To this day, that's how I tie a knot, on the very rare occasion I wear a necktie.

CD
The only knot I used was a "four in hand" and was never a fan of the Windsor.

Back
Top Bottom