Shopping - one swoop or more frequently?

Once a week on-line shop delivered to the door. I've not been in a supermarket since February. Even pre covid I didn't do any big shops in supermarkets. Just occasional trips to Aldi (end of my road) if I forgot to order something. I've been on-line supermarket shopping since the mid 90's so its second nature. When you have young kids in tow you quickly tire of any pleasure there might be in supermarket food shopping.

Once a week on-line shop delivered to the door. I've not been in a supermarket since February. Even pre covid I didn't do any big shops in supermarkets. Just occasional trips to Aldi (end of my road) if I forgot to order something. I've been on-line supermarket shopping since the mid 90's so its second nature. When you have young kids in tow you quickly tire of any pleasure there might be in supermarket food shopping.

I cannot remember ever experiencing any pleasure from supermarket food shopping, with or without kids. My only pleasurable food shopping expeditions were to the Asian spice shops in Chapletown Road in Leeds back in the 80s.

I shop in a similar way to tasty. I live near a small 'village' area called the Bridge so it is no problem to nip to our locall supermarket, butchers etc.

I usually go for bulk. Buying in bulk has saved me a ton of money.

However it does not work with things like produce.

T

Reactions: mjd
I go 3 to 4 times a week but now with farmers markets and roadside stands in my area going full on, it'll be everyday. Picking up local strawberries and asparagus now. Oh, and baby greens and lettuces.

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom