Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raspberry & strawberry smoothie bowl with muesli. By the way I am aware that fruits like these are not in season, when I mention an out of season fruit it's always frozen.
20230331_064105.jpg

This muesli mix has acai berries, which were new for me. I found them intolerably bitter, then read online that they're known for that. Not my favorite berry.

Raspberry & strawberry smoothie bowl with muesli. By the way I am aware that fruits like these are not in season, when I mention an out of season fruit it's always frozen.
View attachment 98093
This muesli mix has acai berries, which were new for me. I found them intolerably bitter, then read online that they're known for that. Not my favorite berry.

I personally think frozen fruit makes a better smoothie. It tends to have stronger flavor, and I put the fruit in the blender frozen, so you don't need much ice. Sometimes, you don't need any ice.

CD

I personally think frozen fruit makes a better smoothie. It tends to have stronger flavor, and I put the fruit in the blender frozen, so you don't need much ice. Sometimes, you don't need any ice.

CD
Yes in summer I do the same, that leads to an almost milkshake like texture which is very nice. But it's too cold for that now so I thaw it before blendering!

We have had my warm quick boiled oat with cooking chocolate for breakfast, both my daughter and I, I kind of got her on the oat train too...at least for a couple of days.
Not in the mental alertness for a picture, before all my gentle workouts, sorry...however I might have poste a pic previously.

Thank you. Would you say it is climate driven, where you are currently at, or just your personal preference, you would have eaten up north in a cooler climate for breakfast too?

I don't think that it's climate driven. If we have fruit in the house, I'll have fruit for breakfast - if not it's either pâté on crackers/toast or salsa.

If I was back in UK and if I had time, I'd have a cooked breakfast. When I worked for a living starting at 06:00 didn't give any time to cook a breakfast so I would usually eat one at 9:00 or 10:00 in the works canteen.

I thought I'd show what I usually have to accompany my muesli. I don't take pics of it often because it's usually not as pretty looking as this.
20230403_062959.jpg

3 matzoh crackers with chilli chicken salad ( toppings vary daily) and a boiled egg ( about 2 times a week).
20230403_063011.jpg

And this morning's homemade strawberry greek yoghurt with muesli.

This morning was a once a month Housecleaners, which means we go out to breakfast/brunch.
A new-to-us place:
IMG_2811.JPG

DH requested a side of Bacon with his Belgian Waffle (that's REAL Maple syrup too).
He takes a bite of the Bacon and says, "this isn't as good as yours, this is really thin Bacon".
I replied with: you're spoiled-I make only thick cut Bacon and not cooked within an inch of its life.
:laugh:

IMG_2812.JPG

I ordered Chicken Fried Steak, Gravy on the side please - this comes with 2 Eggs and Country Potatoes AND Biscuit&Gravy!
We decided that we needed to try their warm Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Butter - that was gone in a NY minute - not the Butter though :happy:

IMG_2815.JPG

My Biscuit, that was calling the Cinnamon Butter over closer.
We shared and took home enough for a brunch for us two.

Yesterday´s breakfast was poached eggs on toast, with a hollandaise sauce.
The eggs and the toast were divine.
The hollandaise (made from a packet which was lurking in the cupboard) was absolutely dire and horrible.
Chipolatas today, with mushrooms fried with bacon and garlic.

IMG_2844.JPG

Ever since TastyReuben posted his Egg & Mayo Sandwich, I've been craving it.
I had leftover American scrambled Eggs from the other day and it hit me!
I took my first bit and childhood memories came into my brain.
My Father would make this for us when we came back from Church (he never went) with sliced Apples on the side a cold glass of Milk... 😋
DH was grossed out!
"Oh My GOD! what the hell is that?"
Breakfast
:yuck:
More for me (he had something all together different earlier) :hungry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom