Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast out:

IMG_4739.jpeg

I don't mind my toast a little dark, either, but it's borderline on burnt for a restaurant, LOL. OTOH, I like my potatoes cooked a little browner. Nice looking bacon! What's in the cup, butter?
Yep, butter. The bread was done on the grill and already buttered once, so I liked that. I like crisp toast, which seems to be hard to get out these days.

Yep, butter. The bread was done on the grill and already buttered once, so I liked that. I like crisp toast, which seems to be hard to get out these days.
Is that like a flat grill, then?

If that yellow stuff top right is meant to be scrambled egg I think it rates as the worst I've seen here. Its actually in solid separate chunks. :ohmy:Maybe its meant to be an omelette?

The potatoes & bacon look good though and I rather like burnt toast. In fact the taste of burnt toast has been used in top chef recipes...

Last edited:
Is that like a flat grill, then?
Yeah, flat diner grill.

If that yellow stuff top right is meant to be scrambled egg I think it rates as the worst I've seen here. It’s actually in solid separate chunks. :ohmy:Maybe it’s meant to be an omelette?
You better sit down…those are indeed scrambled eggs, and quite good, because they were swimming in butter.

MG and I, in that place, would be complaining to the manager.
" I say, old chap, this is really not cricket. We asked for scrambled egg, not rubber bullets. be a good fellow and let the chef know that, if he can't do it RIGHT, then we'll take over and make it ourselves."
:eek::eek::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If that yellow stuff top right is meant to be scrambled egg I think it rates as the worst I've seen here. Its actually in solid separate chunks. :ohmy:Maybe its meant to be an omelette?

The potatoes & bacon look good though and I rather like burnt toast. In fact the taste of burnt toast has been used in top chef recipes...

My first thought was, "Those eggs will NOT be MG approved." :laugh:

Actually, those look overcooked to me, too.

CD

MG and I, in that place, would be complaining to the manager.
" I say, old chap, this is really not cricket. We asked for scrambled egg, not rubber bullets. be a good fellow and let the chef know that, if he can't do it RIGHT, then we'll take over and make it ourselves."
:eek::eek::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And, the manager would go to the kitchen and tell the cook, "We got a couple of Limey tourists out there who want crickets in their eggs." :rolleyes:

CD :D

On Sunday, I’ll make scrambled eggs the way my mom did - I might even film it.

Some of you may need to take a couple of months off after that, just to recover! :laugh:

I like mine halfway between the eggs my mom made, and the egg soup that MG prefers. :okay:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom