Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, the manager would go to the kitchen and tell the cook, "We got a couple of Limey tourists out there who want crickets in their eggs." :rolleyes:

CD :D
And the cook would send the busboy out back near the dumpster in that patch of grass to get some...

On Sunday, I’ll make scrambled eggs the way my mom did - I might even film it.

Some of you may need to take a couple of months off after that, just to recover! :laugh:
I spoiled my kids (stepkids) when I came to live with them and they could never eat eggs that their father cooked again. I did the same thing when I went to visit my cousin and his wife, kids rebelled against their egg-gregious egg cooking after that.

But I think an egg would have to be burnt beyond recognition or so raw that the whites were clear for you to refuse to eat it?

But I think an egg would have to be burnt beyond recognition or so raw that the whites were clear for you to refuse to eat it?
Yep, I have my preferences, but I love eggs, so I’ll eat them just about any way they’re made, and at just about any level of doneness.

This dish in Barcelona was not exactly a breakfast, but I'm sure it would have TastyReuben rushing full tilt for the airport.
Deep fried whitebait with egg. The egg was literally broken over the (hot) whitebait and stirred in. About 30 seconds.
Cal Pep Xonxos con huevo frito.jpg

This dish in Barcelona was not exactly a breakfast, but I'm sure it would have TastyReuben rushing full tilt for the airport.
Deep fried whitebait with egg. The egg was literally broken over the (hot) whitebait and stirred in. About 30 seconds.
View attachment 101393
Anything with the word "bait" in it (in my world) is put on a hook to catch a larger fish.

As promised (or threatened, depending on your POV), here I am making eggs this morning. Please excuse my bony legs, I should have just drunk my coffee black instead of going for the cream:

View: https://youtu.be/9mPL4H-GIlM

For my British friends, I’d give you the freephone number to report egg abuse, but I’m outside your jurisdiction. :wink:

To complete the homage to my heritage, I had those with some super-salty cured country ham slices and a biscuit (my mom viewed toast as an indication a person had given up the will to live).

IMG_4785.jpeg

As promised (or threatened, depending on your POV), here I am making eggs this morning. Please excuse my bony legs, I should have just drunk my coffee black instead of going for the cream:

View: https://youtu.be/9mPL4H-GIlM

For my British friends, I’d give you the freephone number to report egg abuse, but I’m outside your jurisdiction. :wink:

To complete the homage to my heritage, I had those with some super-salty cured country ham slices and a biscuit (my mom viewed toast as an indication a person had given up the will to live).

View attachment 101432
Just wait until MG gets a look at that. You are in so much trouble!

it is eggxactly as I feared. Your scrambled rubber bullets are no yolk. I'm going to put together an album-en send it to the Special Chicken Crime Squad. I shell be in touch.
My eggs were ready at 1.50" of your video :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

it is eggxactly as I feared. Your scrambled rubber bullets are no yolk. I'm going to put together an album-en send it to the Special Chicken Crime Squad. I shell be in touch.
That "cracked" me up.

You should really warn us...

1687099483868.png

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom