Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs breakfast:
20230707_082738.jpg

My breakfast:
20230707_095914.jpg

This is the 1st time I've had cereal in over a decade.

I don't know what's wrong with me, cereal (granola) 2 days in a row after all these years?
20230708_100809.jpg

Extremely rare McD’s breakfast today:

IMG_5060.jpeg

I have to add, going into McD’s for a late breakfast is a treat, but mainly because of the “old folks” who come in first thing and sit there until lunch, sipping coffee and putting the world to rights. Today, this is pretty much how it went:

“…an’ Daddy had to do that with all the sheep! Lord, that was a bad year, 1949. We hardly had nuthin’ tah eat them days.”

“I know…I know…yah see that on the news ‘bout that submarine what went down to the Titantic an’ blowed up?! It blowed clean up!”

“Kilt ever’one on board it, too…yessir…”

“An’ they paid tah go! Paid tah! It’s a rough bizness when yah pay all them millions they paid, jus’ tah kill yahself!”

“Titanic! Who’d wanna see that ol’ mess anyways?! Jus’ turn on the tee-vee! There it is! An’ you can be right on the couch!”

“You know what it was did that, dontcha? Iceberg. Iceberg, right in the water. They hit that an’ that was it. Down she went.”

“1912, yessir…goin’ down there…an’ yah cain’t take nuthin’ from it no ways, cuz it’s a graveyard. They call it a graveyard now.”

“Well, it’s got a few more graves now, I s’pose.”

“You know…my uncle Faith…he was borned in 1912. Now what he did was, when he got grown, was to go around to all the ‘backer farms, see…this was in Kentucky of course, not hyer in Ohia, an’ he’d go all around that country, an’ he’d tell them farmers…”

And on and on and on.

I'm on my 2nd bag of granola. Once this is gone I'll probably not eat cereal for another decade. Although I do like a sprinkle on top of French toast for a bit of ctunch...
20230713_140211.jpg

A bismark/cream stick/long john, cut diagonally, sharing with MrsT:

IMG_5090.jpeg

It’s bigger than it looks, that’s just the perspective, and that’s the last of the Amish doughnuts from the freezer. Good thing we’re heading to Pennsylvania next month. Must stock up!

Extremely rare McD’s breakfast today:

View attachment 102430

I have to add, going into McD’s for a late breakfast is a treat, but mainly because of the “old folks” who come in first thing and sit there until lunch, sipping coffee and putting the world to rights. Today, this is pretty much how it went:

“…an’ Daddy had to do that with all the sheep! Lord, that was a bad year, 1949. We hardly had nuthin’ tah eat them days.”

“I know…I know…yah see that on the news ‘bout that submarine what went down to the Titantic an’ blowed up?! It blowed clean up!”

“Kilt ever’one on board it, too…yessir…”

“An’ they paid tah go! Paid tah! It’s a rough bizness when yah pay all them millions they paid, jus’ tah kill yahself!”

“Titanic! Who’d wanna see that ol’ mess anyways?! Jus’ turn on the tee-vee! There it is! An’ you can be right on the couch!”

“You know what it was did that, dontcha? Iceberg. Iceberg, right in the water. They hit that an’ that was it. Down she went.”

“1912, yessir…goin’ down there…an’ yah cain’t take nuthin’ from it no ways, cuz it’s a graveyard. They call it a graveyard now.”

“Well, it’s got a few more graves now, I s’pose.”

“You know…my uncle Faith…he was borned in 1912. Now what he did was, when he got grown, was to go around to all the ‘backer farms, see…this was in Kentucky of course, not hyer in Ohia, an’ he’d go all around that country, an’ he’d tell them farmers…”

And on and on and on.

I'd happily sit there a long time to listen in on that. Your writing captures the language/accent perfectly. :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom