Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(American) biscuits and gravy, along with an intentionally-busted-yolk egg:

C18A21F2-2A65-45BA-A2C7-12BDE32C1D89.jpeg

IMG_2465.JPG

Breakfast out today, as I made mention in another thread, we have the Housecleaners here today, so we like to leave.
Went to our local Cracker Barrel, which we haven't eaten at any of them for a real long time ... they've changed up their menu, dramatically! They even have Adult Beverages!!! Orange Mimosa $6.49, a bit rich for my blood.

I ordered:

Bacon n’ Egg Hashbrown Casserole​

Our scratch-made Hashbrown Casserole, hot off the grill and layered with pieces of crispy bacon, farm-fresh scrambled eggs, melted Colby cheese, fried onions, green onions, and fresh diced tomatoes. Served with Buttermilk Biscuits.​

It was kinda-sorta what I wanted, but close enough. But that Biscuit, with salted butter!!!! I totally forgot how good that is! I needed some honey though ... oh, and I spooned off those diced Tomatoes and added them to DH's American-style scrambled Eggs.

We had sworn off Cracker Barrel many years ago, but I guess they did a 180 for the better.

DH ordered : (no photos, sorry) with sausage patties by the way...

Momma's Pancake Breakfast®​

Three Buttermilk Pancakes topped with butter and served with two eggs.* Plus Thick-Sliced Bacon or sausage and 100% Pure Natural Syrup.​

IMG_2469.JPG

I did take a page out of TastyReuben play book.
I "cockroached", as we say in Hawaii, the empty syrup bottle, brought it home, washed it out well and will refill it with my own stash of "real" Maple syrup for when we go to another breakfast restaurant with pancakes that serve "pancake syrup" crap :thumbsdown:

TastyReuben I can't say that I've ever had breakfast at BK ... I'm more of a brunch kinda gal and I always have a hard time making to these places before that stop serving their breakfast items.
I'm going to try this though. I'll break out the Air Fryer to do the Tots ... ooohhh, with melted cheese on them! Eggs, bacon, juice ... dang it, now I'm hungry all over again! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom