Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH's plate

IMG_2521.JPG

That's the first time in I don't know how long that I made "American-style" scrambled Eggs with sautéed Green Onions, Butter (ssshhhh!) and shredded Cheese on top. 😋 I'm not sure what them so delicious today, but I'm going with BUTTER!!!
And DH was very impressed with the Hash Brown Patties done in the AF.

DH's plate

View attachment 95425

That's the first time in I don't know how long that I made "American-style" scrambled Eggs with sautéed Green Onions, Butter (ssshhhh!) and shredded Cheese on top. 😋 I'm not sure what them so delicious today, but I'm going with BUTTER!!!
And DH was very impressed with the Hash Brown Patties done in the AF.
Looks good. What is "American-style" scrambled eggs?

Looks good. What is "American-style" scrambled eggs?
We Americans are alleged to over cook our scrambled Eggs, so say others here at CB msmofet.
So I like to now state right up front that these are different from, say how the Brits do it - I'm looking at you Morning Glory :wink:
If you've ever watched Gordon Ramsey make scrambled Eggs ...

We Americans are alleged to over cook our scrambled Eggs, so say others here at CB msmofet.
So I like to now state right up front that these are different from, say how the Brits do it - I'm looking at you Morning Glory :wink:
I make soft scrambled eggs. I cook them halfway till still runny then remove from fire and just moved them around till tightened.

Overstuffed omelette:

3AC2E24A-EA27-448D-9135-BD74B4543FCB.jpeg
0D1B0184-B803-4406-A54A-6204FFCA32FD.jpeg
8E318650-7022-4DE7-A5D2-60EF901C9C73.jpeg

That’s stuffed with hash browns, tomato, onion, red bell pepper, chopped sausage links, and cheese, all seasoned up with garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, cayenne, and s&p.

I think I really need an additional egg (there are three in this one, split between the two of us), and a proper diner griddle, to really allow the egg to spread. That’d make the two folds much easier.

People make fun of military mess/chow/dining hall cooking, and sometimes rightly so, but I’ll go to my grave saying the best stuffed omelette I’ll ever have…that’s where it came from.

When I was single and in the AF, I had an omelette stuffed with potatoes, bacon, onion, bell pepper, tomato, and cheese pretty much every morning.

Vid not available in the UK.

There are three main 'styles' of scrambled eggs: American (cooked fairly hard), UK (cooked in loose creamy curds) and French (very slowly cooked, fine grained and creamy - they have porridgy look).

I'm guessing the Gordon Ramsay's could be French style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom