Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the same breakfast whenever we eat at this particular restaurant:

8ECB1DA7-690C-49EA-ABD2-B742BCD62774.jpeg

That’s two eggs, a fatter-than-usual sausage link, potatoes, and two pancakes.

I always laugh because that’s listed as their “light/mini breakfast for small appetites.” :laugh:

Breakfast tacos this morning. No photos. Just eggs scrambled with cheddar-jack cheese on fresh flour tortillas from H-E-B (almost got run over for those tortillas). :laugh: A few dashes of Hot Ones Classic hot sauce for a little "wake up call."

CD

I was making a chicken marinara pesto dish and I needed two different kinds of chicken for the dish (thigh meat and skinless boneless breasts) so I took the skin off of 2 chicken thighs and put the thighs to boil in some water.

I took the chicken skin and rendered it in a fry pan, then put the skins with a sprinkle of sea salt in the toaster oven to finish (chicken chicharrónes). I used the chicken fat to fry potatoes, peppers, and onions until they were tender and crispy on the outside. I had reserved a little chicken fat in my smaller fry pan and fried 2 over-easy eggs, then I served them over a heap of the fried potatoes and crumbled the chicken chicharrónes over the top of the eggs with some ground pepper. Hubby liked it very, very much!

Last edited:
IMG_2660.JPG

Snow Day!
Seven Inches of very wet, heavy snow. So that means we'll need to shovel, well , I will, NOT DH!!! He's a bona fide Heart Patient now.
Pan-crisped Vienna Sausages, Eggs and Rice ... topped with Aloha Shoyu and Furikake - ONO!!!
Now I'm ready to take this on!

IMG_2656.JPG

Soooooo pretty!

View attachment 96829

Snow Day!
Seven Inches of very wet, heavy snow. So that means we'll need to shovel, well , I will, NOT DH!!! He's a bona fide Heart Patient now.
Pan-crisped Vienna Sausages, Eggs and Rice ... topped with Aloha Shoyu and Furikake - ONO!!!
Now I'm ready to take this on!

View attachment 96831
Soooooo pretty!
We barely got any this winter, highly unusual!

Old Fashion Rolled Oats with a big knob of Butter, a nice healthy shake of ground Cinnamon, heaping tablespoons full of Brown Sugar and homemade Chunky Applesauce (very chunky and delicious!).
Sorry, no pictures, beige does not photograph well, but believe me when I tell you, that was wonderful!

Old Fashion Rolled Oats with a big knob of Butter, a nice healthy shake of ground Cinnamon, heaping tablespoons full of Brown Sugar and homemade Chunky Applesauce (very chunky and delicious!).
Sorry, no pictures, beige does not photograph well, but believe me when I tell you, that was wonderful!
I have to giggle a little at the word "healthy" there. Sounds yummy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom