Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pancakes full of fresh blueberries, then topped with vanilla Greek yogurt, honey, and fresh strawberries.
20230310_123117.jpg

This is last of my English Bangers that I stash in the deep freeze from the last time we went to Southern Arizona

IMG_2683.JPG

I'll miss you :cry:
We do not plan on going back down there again for quite some time, unfortunately.
There's a fancy-pants grocery store that has a great butcher; he makes all the sausages.
I've not found any other sausages that come anywhere close to these.

This is last of my English Bangers that I stash in the deep freeze from the last time we went to Southern Arizona

View attachment 97095

I'll miss you :cry:
We do not plan on going back down there again for quite some time, unfortunately.
There's a fancy-pants grocery store that has a great butcher; he makes all the sausages.
I've not found any other sausages that come anywhere close to these.

What, no black pudding and baked beans?

CD

I just drank my coffee, working on water now. I will probably drink 2-3 cups (22 ounce sized cup) before I even think about food.

I bet the strawberry tones down the maple nicely. I know MrsT is a huge maple fan but you know I am not, LOL. But I'd eat that!
It does indeed. The finished syrup is made up of 4:1 ratio of strawberries to syrup, with a little lemon zest stirred in, microwaved for about 90 seconds, and it tastes a lot more like strawberries than it does maple syrup.

You can, of course, use any berries you like, and frozen or fresh, and since it’s such a high ratio of fresh fruit to syrup, it’s actually very low WW points for her (fruit is free).

It does indeed. The finished syrup is made up of 4:1 ratio of strawberries to syrup, with a little lemon zest stirred in, microwaved for about 90 seconds, and it tastes a lot more like strawberries than it does maple syrup.

You can, of course, use any berries you like, and frozen or fresh, and since it’s such a high ratio of fresh fruit to syrup, it’s actually very low WW points for her (fruit is free).
Yes, normally I do straight honey, but hubby likes maple syrup sometimes so I bought some for him and have been mixing honey and maple syrup together (and topping the pancakes with Greek yogurt and berries for added protein). I usually put blueberries in the pancakes but top the pancakes with fresh strawbs after. I do have some frozen bags of mixed berries I need to use up, maybe I will start making a maple berry compote, yes, I think I will do that when we get back from our trip! I need to create some freezer space for the next meat sale.

I had 2 big cups of coffee so far. Thinking about a slice of leftover pizza for "breakfast". I made hubby some blueberry pancakes. He went to go make wine with his cousins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom