Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's breakfast was breakfast burritos with pork sausage, egg, scallion, Serrano pepper and shredded cheese, wrapped in flour tortillas.

full.jpg

one of my favs is soft boiled egg on (buttered) toast with a sprinkle of sea salt (i.e. big crystals)
the kids called them 'gooey eggs' - and the dish was _not_ on their preferred list,,,,, until about 30 years of age. somehow dear olde dad got much smarter when they turned 30.....

but wait, there's more! . . . DW does not like them as gooey as I do. so how long to boil hers is a moving target (sigh).
but Friday I finally did it. 6m45secs and she found her egg just a bit too firm.....

egg McMuffin with sausage is a fav for me.... the sausage bit I've got down pat. currently preferring Bays English Muffins over Thomas...
I've used (stainless) ring molds to help with the fried egg shape - preheated, greased, olive oiled,,,, but seems the egg always sticks.
Q for those who have tried the Telfon/nonstick egg rings: do they work?

Egg McMuffin with sausage is a fav for me.... the sausage bit I've got down pat. Currently preferring Bays English Muffins over Thomas...
I've used (stainless) ring molds to help with the fried egg shape - preheated, greased, olive oiled,,,, but seems the egg always sticks.
Q for those who have tried the Telfon/nonstick egg rings: Do they work?

I have a silicone egg ring. It sticks a little, but not enough to tear up the egg. I can gently push the egg out of the ring with the back of a fork, working my way around. It only takes a few seconds. I butter the ring, and put butter in the hot pan before putting the egg ring in the pan. I did more damage flipping the egg puck than I did getting it out of the ring. :facepalm:

I also used it to shape my sausage patty.

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 1.54.10 PM.jpg

CD

...wonder if the metal 'Teflon-looking' ones stick better or worse?

I have no idea. I saw this silicone ring at a cooking store for around 3 bucks, and bought it. I'm happy with it. Amazon.com has it.

One nice thing about the silicone one is that it is flexible, so you can squeeze in on it to loosen the egg a bit before pushing the egg out with the back of the fork. It is dishwasher safe, too.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom