Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
medtran49's eggs looked so good, I scrambled some of my own, with ham and cheese, and filled a couple of the leftover crepes I made the other day:

One of these days, I'm going to make scrambled eggs like my mom makes - cooked hard and dry, and the curds about the size of tiny ball bearings. The only way to eat them is to mash them onto the back of your fork.

I can go one better - the mother of a boyfriend I had cooked them as hard as you describe but also managed to create a watery liquid in the pan which was also poured onto the plate along with the 'ball bearing' scrambled eggs. I've no idea how she managed this.

When eggs are cooked that hard, the cell walls break down and liquid is exuded. TR's mom probably let that evaporate from his description.

Speaking of eggs, we went out this morning to grocery and then breakfast, only canned and veges on list. I got their special, French toast with bananas and Bavarian cream. The bananas had been just barely sauteed in butter and the Bavarian cream looked and tasted a lot like Boston cream pie filling. It came with sausage and eggs that were basically a slab. I just put some butter on them and brought them home for doggie dinners. They'll appreciate them even if they are vastly overcooked. Only managed half my French toast so that will probably be my breakfast tomorrow. It was good, would have been great had it been hot. It was room temp. Craig's omelette and potatoes were hot so guess mine sat while his got cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom