Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that was my point. I think you read my comment too quickly. :laugh:

CD
I'm not following. I reread your comment and I'm still saying that he couldn't cut someone in half with a skillet.

I'm not following. I reread your comment and I'm still saying that he couldn't cut someone in half with a skillet.

What I said was, in my imagination, I saw him committing "assault and battery" with a skillet. Not murder, which is 100 percent a certainty if you "cut someone in half" with a cleaver.

CD

What I said was, in my imagination, I saw him committing "assault and battery" with a skillet. Not murder, which is 100 percent a certainty if you "cut someone in half" with a cleaver.

CD
Well you actually said "in my mind" which is similar but not exactly the same meaning, could be interpreted differently and apparently I did. "In my imagination" would have made it crystal.

You also said something about after reading my comment, which comment, the one about scones?

My husbands plate for this morning's breakfast.

Fried eggs, sauteed mushrooms, hash browns & chorizo

Well you actually said "in my mind" which is similar but not exactly the same meaning, could be interpreted differently and apparently I did. "In my imagination" would have made it crystal.

You also said something about after reading my comment, which comment, the one about scones?
Let's just all agree that I'm not opening a B&B any time soon. :laugh:

Recipe I found several years ago. Soft cream cheese, small curd cottage cheese and confectioners sugar. Combine. Toast frozen waffles. Spread mixture on one waffle. On another you spread jam. Then toast in melted butter in a skillet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and confectioners sugar. Made baked candied bacon to go with.

brunch....?

did a rerun on crepes with local strawberries.
fwiw . . . watched a Pepin video and picked up a good tip. when pouring batter into the pan, don't pour in the middle.
pour it in one side - it "swirls to coat" much more easily. the dude is right!
(the whipped cream squirter gave it's all....hence the messy stripe....)

Let's just all agree that I'm not opening a B&B any time soon. :laugh:

My ex-wife and I actually seriously looked at owning a Bed and Breakfast. I would manage the hotel side, and she would manage the kitchen, with both of use helping each other as needed.

Since she and I actually enjoyed sharing the kitchen to make meals, there wouldn't be an issue there.

But, twas not meant to be.

CD

brunch....?

did a rerun on crepes with local strawberries.
fwiw . . . watched a Pepin video and picked up a good tip. when pouring batter into the pan, don't pour in the middle.
pour it in one side - it "swirls to coat" much more easily. the dude is right!
(the whipped cream squirter gave it's all....hence the messy stripe....)View attachment 64882

They look lovely. :okay:

They look lovely. :okay:
txs.

btw, for those who do the dusting confectionery/10x/icing sugar thing . . .
try "vanilla sugar"

"infusing sugar" with vanilla beans is a well know 'thing' -
I buy (Amazon, Swedish import source, actually...) pre-vanilla-ized powdered sugar.
one on those 'not really necessary' things - but a very enjoyable 'touch' to a dish.

It's all too familiar. The old Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuit with banana and coffee breakfast.

full.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom