Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum bless her soul, wasn't the best cook, three pots on the oven ring, one potatoes one carrots one pick any vege. Then add a tablespoon of salt and boil the beejesus out of them. Then mash and serve. The potatoes had milk added to thin it down. She was on a budget though.
I don't use salt in cooking, people add or not from the table. Cracked pepper and pink rock salt on table.
My carrot done my way sautéed as batons in butter and orange zest, potatoes mashed with copious amount of butter cheese and cream. Garlic added of sons here
Corn zapped then covered in butter.
A lot different to the way I grew up.

Russ
Yeah, similar here. My mother had 6 kids and was busy. And she wasn't the greatest cook, either, but in all fairness she came out of the great depression as a teenager and there just wasn't a lot of gourmet food options (or real butter) available in her house growing up. Marrying my father at 18 years old and getting pregnant right away (and sequentially thereafter) must have been really hard for her. She loved coming to visit me in her latter years and eating things that I prepared for her. In her last years she lived alone and I know all too well how difficult it can be to cook for one.

Yeah, similar here. My mother had 6 kids and was busy. And she wasn't the greatest cook, either, but in all fairness she came out of the great depression as a teenager and there just wasn't a lot of gourmet food options (or real butter) available in her house growing up. Marrying my father at 18 years old and getting pregnant right away (and sequentially thereafter) must have been really hard for her. She loved coming to visit me in her latter years and eating things that I prepared for her. In her last years she lived alone and I know all too well how difficult it can be to cook for one.
My mum was an awesome baker though, I could swap her sponge kisses for anything I wanted with other kids growing up in school.

Russ

My mum was an awesome baker though, I could swap her sponge kisses for anything I wanted with other kids growing up in school.

Russ
Mine too! My mother was a fabulous baker, her chocolate amaretto cheesecake was to die for, and she made German chocolate cake the old fashioned way, sifting the flour and using a double boiler for melting the chocolate, grating the coconut, etc. OMG her cakes were so amazing!

She could make a pretty mean lasagna and did well for fancy dinner parties back in the 70s when they ate weird food for appetizers (LOL). And she could throw down a Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas dinner. But I ate a lot of pot pies and other frozen crap food growing up. No wonder I never made it past 5ft 2in tall (for reference, I have an older sister who is 5ft 11in tall and my pop was 6ft 3in).

Mine too! My mother was a fabulous baker, her chocolate amaretto cheesecake was to die for, and she made German chocolate cake the old fashioned way, sifting the flour and using a double boiler for melting the chocolate, grating the coconut, etc. OMG her cakes were so amazing!

She could make a pretty mean lasagna and did well for fancy dinner parties back in the 70s when they ate weird food for appetizers (LOL). And she could throw down a Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas dinner. But I ate a lot of pot pies and other frozen crap food growing up. No wonder I never made it past 5ft 2in tall (for reference, I have an older sister who is 5ft 11in tall and my pop was 6ft 3in).

That's so funny, because my mom was a bad cook, but made a good lasagna and a really good cheesecake with strawberry topping.

CD

My wife's 5 foot nothing. I'm 5 11 daughter 5 6 son 5 2.

Russ

Breakfast with coffee this morning was scrambled eggs. Scallions and Serrano pepper was mixed in with some half n half.

full.jpg

I am sure you had a can of beans in the cabinet, LOL?
I don't! Honest! :laugh:

Your breakfasts always look amazing 😍 you should start a B & B
Thank you very much, that's kind. :)

I must point out, any B&B I open would be closed before the first weekend and I'd be in jail for cleavering some malcontent customer in half for complaining about something. :laugh:

I must point out, any B&B I open would be closed before the first weekend and I'd be in jail for cleavering some malcontent customer in half for complaining about something. :laugh:
Just make scones, cinnamon rolls, and blueberry muffins. No one ever complains about those.

I ate sushi handrolls for breakfast at around 3 p.m. I seared sesame encrusted tuna and used that with cucumber, green onion, wasabi, sriracha mayonnaise, and sushi rice. I ate 2. Yummy! No pics, it wasn't pretty.

That was my first thought when I read JAS_OH1's comment, although in my mind, you didn't murder anyone, just assault and battery with a skillet.

CD

That was my first thought when I read JAS_OH1's comment, although in my mind, you didn't murder anyone, just assault and battery with a skillet.

CD
Cleavers do not = skillets lol. And if you can cut someone in half with a skillet...and they manage to live after that...

Cleavers do not = skillets lol. And if you can cut someone in half with a skillet...and they manage to live after that...

Yes, that was my point. I think you read my comment too quickly. :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom