Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's breakfast was Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits (instead of muffins), a hash brown patty, two kiwis and a glass of cranberry pomegranate juice.

full.jpg

Yinz need to get a famous Primanti Bros. stuffed sandwich.

View attachment 73520

CD
We actually have Primanti Bros in Ohio now, and we've been there. Wasn't really that impressed. The fries were subpar.

Have you noticed the "Pittsburgh Salad" on at least one menu? A typical chopped veg salad with dressing...and an order of fries thrown on top. I came extremely close to ordering that.

We actually have Primanti Bros in Ohio now, and we've been there. Wasn't really that impressed. The fries were subpar.

Have you noticed the "Pittsburgh Salad" on at least one menu? A typical chopped veg salad with dressing...and an order of fries thrown on top. I came extremely close to ordering that.

With so many legendary restaurants, the offspring don't live up to the original. The original Cooper's BBQ in Llano, Tx is awesome. They opened one in the touristy Fort Worth Stockyards, and it sucks.

CD

With so many legendary restaurants, the offspring don't live up to the original. The original Cooper's BBQ in Llano, Tx is awesome. They opened one in the touristy Forth Worth Stockyards, and it sucks.

CD
We also have Giordano's, Chicago pizza chain, down here now. I haven't tried that yet, to see how it compares, but I'm in no hurry, for just the reason you mentioned.

Breakfast today is once again, Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits with a hash brown patty. This time, breakfast includes a bannana and a navel orange.

full.jpg

What is striking me (without wishing to be rude) is that almost without exception, all the restaurant meals posted are a symphony of brown and beige. There are no fresh vegetables or herbs in sight. I simply couldn't eat like that every day - or even once, really. I was holding back on saying this...
Oh, they're here, in abundance. We're just not ordering them. :D

Oh, they're here, in abundance. We're just not ordering them. :D

OK. I will believe you though I know that your home cooked food is not like that.

Nevertheless I don't see much evidence of fresh veg on the menus - which perhaps answers Windigo's point about the long menus. Most items on the menus don't have a short shelf life.

OK. I will believe you though I know that your home cooked food is not like that.

Nevertheless I don't see much evidence of fresh veg on the menus - which perhaps answers Windigo's point about the long menus. Most items on the menus don't have a short shelf life.
What exactly are you looking for in terms of a...colorful?...breakfast? Aside from peppers, tomatoes, and maybe spinach, breakfasts are pretty standard here - eggs/omelettes, pancakes/waffles/French toast, and oatmeal, with some kind of fried potatoes and a choice of meat on the side, and some toast.

There's usually a fruit cup or yogurt listed somewhere, but that's generally not considered "proper" breakfast food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom