Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
More pancakes, but in recognition of the season, these are buttermilk-orange pancakes, made with the addition of a little orange juice and zest, and some of my candied peel on there for a garnish.

Had work not been pestering me, I would have rustled up some cranberry-maple syrup as well, but it was not to be.

ETA (forgot to add the pic!):

Last edited:
More pancakes, but in recognition of the season, these are buttermilk-orange pancakes, made with the addition of a little orange juice and zest, and some of my candied peel on there for a garnish.

Had work not been pestering me, I would have rustled up some cranberry-maple syrup as well, but it was not to be.
How about a cranberry reduction syrup with honey?

I like maple a lot more than I like honey, but I just didn't have time this morning. Stuck with work stuff. :(
I figured you were sticking with maple cuz your wife is from maple country. You might like some maple cured salmon :D:laugh: Just kidding of course.

I just came off a horrific work week, I stayed in bed until 11 a.m. and I am still in my pjs. Christmas shopping at the moment (from my computer, of course). I love the Internet!

ETA (forgot to add the pic!):
View attachment 77426
I am glad you put the pic in there. It sounded fantastic but it looks even better! A picture is worth a thousand words for sure.

I think they would be great with honey but I would eat those plain with just some butter on them in a heartbeat. That orange candied peel looks fantastic. Do you have a recipe on the forum somewhere for that?

Do you have a recipe on the forum somewhere for that?
It's extremely easy. I'll get one posted up.

I originally made them to use in a cookie recipe that I may try and make in a bit, but I'm using them for everything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom