Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food trucks have become quite popular in the San Francisco Bay area. Early food trucks were similar and sold breakfast stuff, then later lunch stuff to employees of companies in the area. They were fondly known as 'Roach Coaches'. Their stuff was sort of baseline mediocre, but in that way, that it had an appeal. The new food trucks are more interesting in that their food is often thematic of various cuisines and more upbeat restaurant type food. They sometimes have a special day where all the food trucks congregate in one location for a special convention of sorts. They also show up at other events, like the Gilroy Garlic Festival or air shows and such.

The newer food trucks are well worth visiting and checking out.
Yeah, we had 'roach coaches' back home in Honolulu.
I can remember back in the 60's this one truck that was permanently parked down by the docks, where you could hire sport fishing boats, the best food!!!!

Breakfast Quesdilla.jpg

Breakfast Quesadilla with all the fixin's
They're filled with Scrambled Eggs, leftover Pork Sausages and shredded Cheese

This is what I'm using:

View attachment 75719

Kroger does carry a dried product called Saco Buttermilk Blend, but I've never used it. I use buttermilk a lot. I made waffles with it this morning.

One note on the flour - I do keep White Lily SR flour on hand specifically for biscuits. Little old Southern ladies swear by it for making the tenderest biscuits. Apparently, it's ground from a softer Winter wheat, and that makes all the difference, and I'm not about to argue with those old ladies! :wink:
Yeah, me too. Only I think my grandmother used Martha White. Similar concept. And buttermilk, can't do without it.

This one's for Russ, since he can't wrap his head around the idea of potatoes at breakfast:

Fried potatoes with red capsicum, roasted garlic, onion, and crispy prosciutto topped with runny fried eggs .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom