Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you called jam jelly?

Russ

Jam and jelly are not the same things here. We have Jelly, Jam and Preserves.

"The biggest difference between jelly, jam, and preserves is how much of the original fruit is used to make them. Jelly has the smoothest consistency and is made by crushing a fruit and discarding the solid chunky leftovers. This leaves only the fruit juice, which is then mixed with a substance called pectin and heated to form the gelatinous spread. Jam is similarly made by crushing a fruit, but this spread leaves in most of the solid pieces of the fruit’s fibers and seeds (if they’re small enough and safe to consume) to give it a spreadable consistency. Of the three, preserves use the most of the fruit and are simply chopped smaller pieces of fruit that are mixed with sugar to keep them fresh and combined with a syrup or jam to contain them." Brittanica.com

CD

I'll never get used to the way scrambled eggs are (over) cooked in the USA. But most members here know that already. :D

It is a matter of personal taste, and who's cooking them. I make mine closer to yours, although mine don't still chirp. :D

A fine dining restaurant will most likely make them the way you or I do. A high-volume diner will usually cook them more (and sometimes over cook them).

CD

This seems most unusual to me. I mean the cold rainbow trout with scrambled eggs. But then again, the trout is smoked. So maybe its similar to the classic pairing of smoked salmon and eggs?

Exactly Morning Glory ! DH tried smoked Rainbow Trout in a full dinner entrée and really liked it. I figured that when I saw it in the cold case at the market, wouldn't that be nice served as you might smoked Salmon? That's one of his favorite breakfasts.
I'm allergic, so I had cold cereal :laugh:

I'll never get used to the way scrambled eggs are (over) cooked in the USA. But most members here know that already. :D

I understand how y'all across the pond think about us Americans and how we cook Eggs.
I tried it your way ... meh ... no thank you. To each their own as they say.

Jam and jelly are not the same things here. We have Jelly, Jam and Preserves.

"The biggest difference between jelly, jam, and preserves is how much of the original fruit is used to make them. Jelly has the smoothest consistency and is made by crushing a fruit and discarding the solid chunky leftovers. This leaves only the fruit juice, which is then mixed with a substance called pectin and heated to form the gelatinous spread. Jam is similarly made by crushing a fruit, but this spread leaves in most of the solid pieces of the fruit’s fibers and seeds (if they’re small enough and safe to consume) to give it a spreadable consistency. Of the three, preserves use the most of the fruit and are simply chopped smaller pieces of fruit that are mixed with sugar to keep them fresh and combined with a syrup or jam to contain them." Brittanica.com

CD

I make jam every year, strawberry and raspberry, both are 50/50 fruit and sugar. I don't use pectin as it sets alright without it.
I also make coulis the same portions but I sieve pips out and water it down a bit.
Here endith the jam lesson. :)

Russ

On the way back home from the doc's. I've put on about six pounds, so I thought I'd celebrate :laugh:

I thought they might be those black burnt bits you can get in pans after re-using and re-using oil.
Nah! No way - these are too uniform.
the black burnt bits (which I have to admit I´ve not seen since a Curry House in New Cross in the 70s) are chunky and irregular, just to add a bit more texture and creativity:D:D:D

My mom, when she scrambles eggs, she stirs and stirs until she gets very small curds, but they're also cooked all the way through, so her scrambled eggs are exactly like eating a plate of garden peas, except for being yellow.

I usually just mash them into the back of my fork to eat them, because they're too small and difficult to scoop up. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom