Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1068.JPG

(DH's plate-I detest tomatoes and could never eat this much food in one sitting :laugh:)

My DH is form the Philadelphia, PA, USA area.
For him a big breakfast, brunch in this case,
is thickly sliced John Taylor's Pork Roll,
or what he calls just Taylor's Ham (I'm lookin' at you caseydog ).
There's a medium-cooked Egg,
toasted English Muffin,
diced Mini San Marzano Tomatoes to round out the plate.
*belch*
that was delicious!
I did realize that I was even hungry this morning.

TR - can your share your technique / recipe for those biscuits?
I do a nice drop biscuit - would like to expand into the rolled version(s)....
drop style

View attachment 75702
Sure, I'm just about to start a nut recipe, so I'll get to it after that. Very easy...three ingredients.

I like drop biscuits, too.

TR - can your share your technique / recipe for those biscuits?
I do a nice drop biscuit - would like to expand into the rolled version(s)....
drop style

View attachment 75702
Here you go:

Recipe - Light And Fluffy Biscuits

I always use buttermilk, and I work the dough very quickly once I get it out on the board.

One thing I do that they don't mention in their recipe is that I use a bench scraper to quickly fold the dough over on itself a few times. It helps with promoting flakiness.

I also wrap it in plastic and chill it for 30 minutes. Sometimes I even make it the night before (it comes together very quickly) and chill it overnight.

I rarely use a rolling pin with this, I just quickly shape it with my hands. If you don't want to fool with reshaping scraps, just roll it/shape it into a square or rectangle and cut out square biscuits with a knife.

Enjoy!

copied out - thanks!

I don't 'stock' self-rising flour so I'll do the 'add BP' thing -

my idea of buttermilk is the liquid left after home making butter from heavy cream ....
not quite the same as 'soured milk'
are you using store bought buttermilk?
ever used the powdered butter milk?
never before heard of the stuff, but it's available here and I've used it for other stuff.

the recipe is really the 'same' as drop biscuits - flour+fat+salt+milk
I'm guessing the proportions make it rollable vs spoon drop.

some biscuit recipes are _sooooo_ involved . . .

are you using store bought buttermilk?
This is what I'm using:

Kroger does carry a dried product called Saco Buttermilk Blend, but I've never used it. I use buttermilk a lot. I made waffles with it this morning.

One note on the flour - I do keep White Lily SR flour on hand specifically for biscuits. Little old Southern ladies swear by it for making the tenderest biscuits. Apparently, it's ground from a softer Winter wheat, and that makes all the difference, and I'm not about to argue with those old ladies! :wink:

View attachment 75699
(DH's plate-I detest tomatoes and could never eat this much food in one sitting :laugh:)

My DH is form the Philadelphia, PA, USA area.
For him a big breakfast, brunch in this case,
is thickly sliced John Taylor's Pork Roll,
or what he calls just Taylor's Ham (I'm lookin' at you caseydog ).
There's a medium-cooked Egg,
toasted English Muffin,
diced Mini San Marzano Tomatoes to round out the plate.
*belch*
that was delicious!
I did realize that I was even hungry this morning.

I love Pork Roll !!! Calling it Taylor Ham in Philly is fightin' words. That's a North Jersey thing.

CD

it seems that I have a boring breakfast compared to most...

berry granola, home-made soy yoghurt and blueberries. at the weekend I get raspberries (they don't last as long as blueberries).

and yes, that's a weighed out serving! I don't eat much for breakfast, never really have been able to and I have to eat before 7am else I'm left feeling very sick for the day.

it seems that I have a boring breakfast compared to most...

berry granola, home-made soy yoghurt and blueberries. at the weekend I get raspberries (they don't last as long as blueberries).

and yes, that's a weighed out serving! I don't eat much for breakfast, never really have been able to and I have to eat before 7am else I'm left feeling very sick for the day.
I don't post my general breakfast, only when I made something unusual I post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom