Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it:

I´m going for one of these before the end of the year. Only 14, 000,000 calories, but I don´t put on weight anyway:cool::cool:
View attachment 76686
I'd never been to an Ihop before, but last month Mom won a gift card at our Community Centers monthly Bingo.
That place was disgustingly filthy! The food was inedible! And it's a good thing it didn't cost us a dime, `cuz I would not have paid for that!!!
The bill was much less than the worth of the gift card, but we just handed the gift card over and walked out.
I'd never go to an Ihop again!

Last edited:
I'd never go to an Ihop again!
I used to like them back in the '80's, but I never had pancakes there, always omelettes, because they had omelettes you couldn't get anywhere else, like pizza omelettes, chili omelettes, and Spanish omelettes (which was sort of like a pizza-chili omelette hybrid).

I used to like them back in the '80's, but I never had pancakes there, always omelettes, because they had omelettes you couldn't get anywhere else, like pizza omelettes, chili omelettes, and Spanish omelettes (which was sort of like a pizza-chili omelette hybrid).

The omelets at IHOP are ginormous! But, they are definitely a bit overcooked for my tastes.

The Original Pancake House has the best pancakes, IMO.

The Original Pancake House Pancakes

CD

The omelets at IHOP are ginormous! But, they are definitely a bit overcooked for my tastes.

The Original Pancake House has the best pancakes, IMO.

The Original Pancake House Pancakes

CD
We used to go to The Original Pancake House all the time, but the last few years, the one we went to regularly...I don't know what happened, but both the service and the food quality dropped dramatically, and the last time we went, it was so bad, we paid the bill, but politely and sadly explained that with this, this, and this, and this all wrong in just one visit, we couldn't justify coming back and paying what they ask for breakfast, since they're not exactly cheap eats.

We do have two more in the area, and our intention is to get down/over to one of those to see if we can recapture that magic of years gone by.

caseydog that's what I ordered was a Mushroom and Cheese Omelet with Hash browns, GROSS!!! And it was not large at all, I'd say 2 eggs, tops. The potatoes were stone cold and yeah, the Omelet was way over cooked! My Tea was ice cold ... I just left all the food, which I never do, I'll ask to take it home and doctor it up, but that food was so far beyond inedible.
I'm not big on chain restaurants.

I'm spoiled here in Frisco. With over 400 restaurants in town, they have to stay on top of their game, or they are gone. Even big names with deep pockets like Applebee's have gone under. There are several mom-and-pop type places for breakfast here, so I rarely go to the chains.

CD

I'm spoiled here in Frisco. With over 400 restaurants in town, they have to stay on top of their game, or they are gone. Even big names with deep pockets like Applebee's have gone under. There are several mom-and-pop type places for breakfast here, so I rarely go to the chains.

CD
... as in San Francisco?
Can I come? That's one of my most favorite towns ...

We have a Donut Shop up three towns from us, they're very popular.
I think the owner and her son live closer to us and decided to buy a food truck and sell their wares only one town up.

IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1130.JPG

We just adore their Apple Fritters. This was Mom's first time, she loved them, btw.
I made the trek up there and it was freezing cold, but I soldiered on! I even had to stand in line! There were 8 folks ahead of me 😳
I popped them into the micro for just 5 seconds to warm them back up and served them with the diners choice of beverage, Coffee, Hot Tea or Ice Cold Milk.
I also got some Cinnamon Twists for later 😉

We have a Donut Shop up three towns from us, they're very popular.
I think the owner and her son live closer to us and decided to buy a food truck and sell their wares only one town up.

View attachment 76770 View attachment 76771

We just adore their Apple Fritters. This was Mom's first time, she loved them, btw.
I made the trek up there and it was freezing cold, but I soldiered on! I even had to stand in line! There were 8 folks ahead of me 😳
I popped them into the micro for just 5 seconds to warm them back up and served them with the diners choice of beverage, Coffee, Hot Tea or Ice Cold Milk.
I also got some Cinnamon Twists for later 😉

Food trucks have become quite popular in the San Francisco Bay area. Early food trucks were similar and sold breakfast stuff, then later lunch stuff to employees of companies in the area. They were fondly known as 'Roach Coaches'. Their stuff was sort of baseline mediocre, but in that way, that it had an appeal. The new food trucks are more interesting in that their food is often thematic of various cuisines and more upbeat restaurant type food. They sometimes have a special day where all the food trucks congregate in one location for a special convention of sorts. They also show up at other events, like the Gilroy Garlic Festival or air shows and such.

The newer food trucks are well worth visiting and checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom