Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overstuffed omelette with sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms, ham, asparagus, and 3 cheeses. I was going to eat some, but I gave 3/4 of it to hubby and put the rest away. I ended up eating a big bowl of blueberries and vanilla yogurt instead, guess I just wasn't feeling eggy today.

1651342201605.png

DH's breakfast

View attachment 84533

Trader Joe's Orange & Cranberry Tea Scones, diced Cantaloupe and a V-8 to wash it all down with.
I don't care for any of that, so I'm headed up to the market for a few things and stopping at my favorite Carniceria for a street Taco.
I'm all in for the orange and cranberry scones! I don't like V-8 or cantalope, but I will join you for a street taco any day!

I know my first time with poached eggs didn't turn out so well.

Are they nestled on avocado toast?
I can't remember how mine were, but I do know that most of the time they turn out okay. My MIL gave me this egg poacher pan for Christmas a few years ago that I have never used, LOL. I have poached eggs several times since then, but the thing has 6-8 egg holder spaces if I recall. I only need to make 3-4 poached eggs at a time.

Avocado toast sounds like a good way to serve poached eggs!

DH's breakfast

View attachment 84533

Trader Joe's Orange & Cranberry Tea Scones, diced Cantaloupe and a V-8 to wash it all down with.
I don't care for any of that, so I'm headed up to the market for a few things and stopping at my favorite Carniceria for a street Taco.

That is an unusual combo. I like them all by themselves, but together? Grab me a couple of tacos. Machaca con Huevo, if they have them.

CD

That is an unusual combo. I like them all by themselves, but together? Grab me a couple of tacos. Machaca con Huevo, if they have them.

CD
That's one thing my Carniceria does not have, I only wish!
They do have Birria, which I want to try next time, never had that before.
The family that was eating at the table across from me were having that, looked good, smelled good and they ordered an extra quart of the dipping sauce, MMM!

IMG_1587.JPG

Housecleaners cam this morning, so DH & I went out to have breakfast, which we rarely ever do.
I made up a list of breakfast joints within a reasonable drive from home and this was a winner!
We each ordered Bacon & Eggs with a waffle, mine was a half-sized waffle. Not sure what that liquid stuff was, but it sure wasn't Maple Syrup 🤷‍♀️ It was tasty and filled our bellies.
Nice fellow that was cooking, serving, cashier, everything all by himself.
AND he didn't charge use for our bottomless cups of coffee.

And now you know why MrsT carries emergency backup maple syrup in her purse!
I thought about that, but then neglected to execute that maneuver :laugh:
I always have Truvia for a sweetener in our drinks, as well Aloha Brand Soy Sauce in small single-serve pouches!

IMG_1590.JPG
IMG_1589.JPG

Geez, I need to re-supply! :laugh:

Yesterday we had NO breakfast :mad:
Because, as I was rolling out of bed, my younger Sister called - she is a bone of contention between DH & I - I want nothing to do with her any longer and he feels that I should cut her some slack :headshake:
She was planning a road trip, going by us, and wanted to come and stay at our house, 'cuz ya know that's free room & board for 3 nights, oh and they want to park their 18 wheeler truck in front of our house and have us shuttle them around :eek:
I told my Sister that I'd need to check with our homeowners association to see how we could work that one out :wacky:
Well, in the end her husband said that stopping in area wasn't going to work out, maybe next time 😬
PHEW!
Dodged that bullet :whistling:

IMG_1591.JPG

So this calls for a make up breakfast this morning :hug:
My plate is pictured above, DH's included Rye toast-dry and diced Tomatoes; sliced Cara Cara Oranges as an appetizer :hungry:

Had a dental appointment first thing this morning g so I treated myself to breakfast on the way home:

That was just about the most perfectly-cooked breakfast I’ve had out in a long time. Everything was just to my liking. I wish I had poked the eggs for you all.

All that cost…$6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom