Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm not being critical of your cooking TastyReuben, I'll say it. That is not scrambled egg. :)
I believe that is called omelette-style scrambled eggs, where the mixed eggs are poured on a hot griddle, allowed to set just a bit, then folded on itself (like an omelette) and chopped up with the side of the spatula, as opposed to stirring into curds. Not unusual in a diner (here, anyway).

:eek: That's a contradiction in terms. And anyway, an omelette should be light and soft in the middle. Just saying... :D
There's really no one definition of how something "should" be, beyond what the one consuming it wants it to be. For example, when my wife orders scrambled eggs, she always orders them scrambled hard. It's just the way she prefers them.

Me, I don't care, so I don't bother ordering them loose or hard - I just say "scrambled" and let the cook decide.

There's really no one definition of how something "should" be, beyond what the one consuming it wants it to be. For example, when my wife orders scrambled eggs, she always orders them scrambled hard. It's just the way she prefers them.

Me, I don't care, so I don't bother ordering them loose or hard - I just say "scrambled" and let the cook decide.

I know - but eggs are a subject I feel strongly about. Plus I am very grumpy (angry?) today.

Loose or hards a new one on me too, I'm not into scrambled but my wife is, and she's fussy on scrambled eggs. I whisk 2 whole eggs with 3 or 4 twists of pepper then put pan on element with a knob of butter. Pour in eggs and continue to stir to stop it setting, just as its turning hard ( this is a fine line) mg will back me up here. Turn onto plate, eggs should be slightly runny but moist.20 secs too long and it's just not right. My wife is very fussy with scrambled eggs.
Russ

Loose or hards a new one on me
It's not unusual to order scrambled eggs loose/wet or hard here.

The wife likes her eggs scrambled hard (and she's equally picky in that direction), as does my mom (which means that's how I ate them growing up :laugh: and my MIL as well. Coincidentally, both my mom and my MIL prefer(ed) any meat cooked extra well done.

Me...I'll eat eggs any whichaway.

Isn't it strange how we can be so particular over how we like certain foods cooked, yet not bother too much about others? I can't imagine having this conversation about a piece of broccoli, or a bell pepper. Eggs do seem the most divisive! I like slightly runny scrambled eggs, and boiled or fried eggs with a totally runny yolk. My wife will only eat well cooked scrambled eggs, but physically recoils at the sight of a hard-boiled egg. Perhaps they is a poll in the making here, on which foods we are most fussy about!

Eggs do seem the most divisive!
It's funny, though, because eggs are one thing I'm not picky about. I can eat them in just about any condition and be happy.

Couple of addendums:

1. Wikipedia supports the idea that American-style scrambled eggs are cooked to a harder state than British-style scrambled eggs. They make the distinction plainly.

Let's not even talk about those smooth, purée-like French scrambled eggs (and yes, I'm happy to slurp...er, eat those as well :laugh:

2. Talked to my mom last night (81), and one of her favorite topics is how restaurants can't cook good food any more. She was specifically complaining about her scrambled eggs from that morning: "They were wet! Wet like soup! What is wrong with these people?! I want my eggs cooked! All the way!"
:laugh:

Olive sourdough toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom